82 replies to this topic

#61 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

FTR Patterson is a blast to watch too and has a ton of potential. Hopkins is just more refined.

If you could promise me a good OT prospect in the 1st along with Patterson in the 2nd, I'd take that. Just don't know how likely it is.

Patterson will have a transitory period as well, more than likely. Not that that's a bad thing.

#62 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

FTR Patterson is a blast to watch too and has a ton of potential. Hopkins is just more refined.

If you could promise me a good OT prospect in the 1st along with Patterson in the 2nd, I'd take that. Just don't know how likely it is.

Patterson will have a transitory period as well, more than likely. Not that that's a bad thing.

Yeah if you give me a good LT in round one and Patterson in round 2 that would be perfect.

#63 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

CP will not be there in the 2nd.take him or Allen at 14 and take an OT in the 2nd.

#64 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

CP will not be there in the 2nd.take him or Allen at 14 and take an OT in the 2nd.

i

never knew u liked allen....could u list your top 5 wr for real quick?

#65 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

i

never knew u liked allen....could u list your top 5 wr for real quick?

1. Keenan Allen
2. Cordarrelle Patterson
3. Deandre Hopkins
4. Darick Rogers
5. Terrance Williams/ Justin Hunter

#66 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

1. Keenan Allen
2. Cordarrelle Patterson
3. Deandre Hopkins
4. Darick Rogers
5. Terrance Williams/ Justin Hunter

nice.....i wonder why alot of people have hunter first as a prospect. i think twill has the best deep speed but i believe patterson will be the biggest all around play maker.

ill have to watch more tape on the oithers thanks man.

#67 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

nice.....i wonder why alot of people have hunter first as a prospect. i think twill has the best deep speed but i believe patterson will be the biggest all around play maker.

ill have to watch more tape on the oithers thanks man.

i like Hunter but coming off that acl injury he just did not look like the same player.as the year went on,he got more confidence in the knee and some speed came back. if he kills the combine and the knee checks out than watch him fly up the board.

#68 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

If Fisher and Lewan are gone it would be stupid to do anything different

#69 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Terrence williams and Ace Sanders looked good too.

#70 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,375 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Ace Sanders is more the 3rd-4th round type but man can he do some returns!!

#71 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

what about what he did vs the SEC? without Sammy playing on the other side as well.

Didn't see the LSU game because I had stuff to do that night, but they literally cannot cover anybody. If their front 4 doesn't get the quarterback to the ground or make him unable to complete passes(which they do more often than not), you can have a field day throwing on them.

Against the only decent secondary from the SEC he played this year, South Carolina, he had 1 catch for 43 yards. That's WITH Sammy playing on the other side. The year before that, he had 24 yards against them.

Don't think Sammy played against Aubbie, but they were so horrible this year that they were all-time bad. Their defense was absolutely pathetic. Shouldn't even be called an SEC team tbh.

All said, once again, wouldn't take him in the first. He's no AJ Green/Megatron/etc.

#72 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Didn't see the LSU game because I had stuff to do that night, but they literally cannot cover anybody. If their front 4 doesn't get the quarterback to the ground or make him unable to complete passes(which they do more often than not), you can have a field day throwing on them.

Against the only decent secondary from the SEC he played this year, South Carolina, he had 1 catch for 43 yards. That's WITH Sammy playing on the other side. The year before that, he had 24 yards against them.

Don't think Sammy played against Aubbie, but they were so horrible this year that they were all-time bad. Their defense was absolutely pathetic. Shouldn't even be called an SEC team tbh.

All said, once again, wouldn't take him in the first. He's no AJ Green/Megatron/etc.

you cannot say he didnt play anybody when 2 of his best games where vs the sec.vs LSU he was the only threat and still caught 13 balls for almost 200 yards and 2 TDs. they had perfect coverage on him at times and he caught ball with DBs drapped on him. he got seperation from them and found the soft spots when they where in zone coverages. vs SC he had 1 catch for 43 yards but it was for TD with double coverage. Clowney took over the game whiched than lead to an inconsistent QB play. nobody said he was top 5 pick like megatron or AJ but he is well worth a look in the 1st and after this process he will probably go in the 1st.

#73 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,663 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Kuech do you think he is the better or worst than Michael Floyd?

#74 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I didn't say he didn't play anybody, I said he put up most of his numbers on the scrubs of the ACC. The only good team he put up numbers on was LSU, and like I said, their secondary can't cover anybody if their line doesn't get constant, overwhelming pressure.

That SC TD wasn't really double coverage. He was singled all night, and on that throw the roaming safety came over late, and really had no chance to make a play on the ball. But true, his only catch was for a TD.

I DO think he's better than Floyd, but I honestly didn't think Floyd was worth a first round pick. Arizona reached for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never has a season as good as Fitzgerald's worst season.

Let me be clear, I don't think Hopkins is a first round pick for the Panthers, not only because of how scouts view the program, but because I think the Panthers have much bigger needs than a WR, a spot that isn't guaranteed to pan out. If we did go WR, I think there would be at least one(most likely more) WR still on the board better than him, considering the spot we pick at.

You're free to disagree, it's just my opinion.

#75 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

The distinction of being a starter is if you start a game.

Sunday at New Orleans Austin was the starting LG of the Carolina Panthers. I was projecting. Just stating a fact about a Clemson player playing in the NFL.

A 3rd string backup forced into action because 3 Olinemen are on IR is NOT considered "a starter".

Dumb all around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com