Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So let me get this straight...

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The fiscal cliff aversion bill being hastily voted through by congress doesn't contain any meaningful spending cuts OR tax increases?

WHAT THE F*CK?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

House passes Senate’s Fiscal Cliff Bill with a vote of 257-167

Posted · Report post

Tax%20Hike%20In%20Perspective.jpg

Posted · Report post

In addition to neutralizing middle class tax increases and spending cuts that technically took effect Monday at midnight, the legislation raises tax rates on incomes over $400,000 for individuals and $450,000 for couples.

Posted · Report post

Your leaders hard at work. Now the cliff is in feb?

Posted · Report post

I wonder how much they were raised?

Fwiw, they started out with Democrats wanting to raise them on incomes above 250,000 and republicans raising them on those making more than a million. So both sides did compromise a little bit.

Posted · Report post

the problem isn't that the "cliff" was pushed back

it's that it's even a thing

can't remember who first made this point but how fuging stupid is it that the "fiscal cliff" apparently spells doom for america or whatever and our elected officials created the damned thing

Posted · Report post

The proposed tax increase recoups about 13% of the annual revenue originally lost to the bush tax cuts.

Depressingly awful.

Posted · Report post

Btw, payroll taxes went up for everyone.

Posted · Report post

The proposed tax increase recoups about 13% of the annual revenue originally lost to the bush tax cuts.

Depressingly awful.

Better than nothing. And remember that PBS money is the real problem to our budget

Posted · Report post

Budget cuts are still to be discussed.

Fwiw, I think its something that they got the republicans to approve any tax increases. I wish they had been across the board, but at least they agreed on something.

Posted · Report post

The cliff is an imaginary line that my 10 yr old understands. Congress is creating an administrative nightmare for payroll and allocation of funding etc.

So anything a Rep does its bad. Anything a dem does is good and any problem that the US is under is a minimized illusion?

So this cliff is a bunch of hooey then why is the media covering this and why is BOTH sides even back in dc to do anything?