Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have no fear this offseason

52 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Jerry Richardson is in complete control.

Man I wished that made me feel better....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The staff and owner have resorted to trolling with this and the Armanti thread.

Great job, is it really that important to generate hits?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Since he came back from his heart transplant what has Richardson done to make my post more about trolling and less about reality?

Posted · Report post

1/10

Posted · Report post

Perhaps I need a bit more than just wishful thinking and hope. If only I had the faith of a child.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1357134574' post='2072905']
Since he came back from his heart transplant what has Richardson done to make my post more about trolling and less about reality?
[/quote]

you guys know better

Posted · Report post

No no I forget....this isn't the same guy who tanked a season to line his coffers for the hold out.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='csx' timestamp='1357135351' post='2072913']

you guys know better
[/quote]
So I should be a rank and file trilobite who believes everything the Big Cat does is A-OK? Is that what a "staffer" is supposed to do?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1357135503' post='2072917']
So I should be a rank and file trilobite who believes everything the Big Cat does is A-OK? Is that what a "staffer" is supposed to do?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/79288-need-to-get-this-forum-back-on-track/"]http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/79288-need-to-get-this-forum-back-on-track/[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I haven't said anything worthwhile in 17k posts....sorry this is no different.

[img]http://www.salomart.com/images/trilobites-2.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1357138044' post='2072936']
I haven't said anything worthwhile in 17k posts....sorry this is no different.

[img]http://www.salomart.com/images/trilobites-2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Is that the backboard the Panthers playoff hopes are carried out on every year?

Posted · Report post

Every owner that has full control over football operations their teams don't win sh*t. Look at the cowboys and Jerry Jones. A businessman can't concentrate on making money and winning championships at the same time. It will never work in professional sports
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Great point.

I would say that is true in many regards except when winning is tied to profitability. In the case of the Panthers winning and profitability are completely unrelated....which is bad for the fans.

How many owners without PSL revenue could purposely tank a season and get away with it?

Posted · Report post

If Richardson would work as hard on his team as hard as he did on the strike we would be a dynasty by now.

Posted · Report post

If I had [i][b]any [/b][/i]faith in JR, this would be my perpetual state as a Panthers' fan:

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-XtRTKEQjzQI/T2swc8y_K_I/AAAAAAAAA00/td2G8gUkj2c/Unconditional%2BLove.gif[/img]

Unfortunately my belief in JR as an owner/meddler/football puppeteer is more like this:

[img]http://jemblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/smh.gif[/img]

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2804375_o.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

Who said Richardson had full control over football ops?

Big difference in Dallas is they don't have a separate GM because Jerry Jones is the owner and the GM.

[quote name='Malt Liquor' timestamp='1357144892' post='2073061']
Every owner that has full control over football operations their teams don't win sh*t. Look at the cowboys and Jerry Jones. A businessman can't concentrate on making money and winning championships at the same time. It will never work in professional sports
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BIGH2001' timestamp='1357148612' post='2073142']
Who said Richardson had full control over football ops?

Big difference in Dallas is they don't have a separate GM because Jerry Jones is the owner and the GM.
[/quote]

JR just isn't overt about it. Make no mistake- the "big cat" is [b]THE [/b]man.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='iampantherman' timestamp='1357148932' post='2073155']
JR just isn't overt about it. Make no mistake- the "big cat" is [b]THE [/b]man.
[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far.

I think he occasionally meddles in decisions, but as far as running things completely, doubt it.

And honestly, I won't be surprised if the occasional meddling stops too now that Marty Hurney is gone. I'd be surprised if Ernie Accorsi hadn't said something to him like "you need to let the guys you hire do their jobs".

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1357149150' post='2073159']

I wouldn't go that far.

I think he occasionally meddles in decisions, but as far as running things completely, doubt it.

And honestly, I won't be surprised if the occasional meddling stops too now that Marty Hurney is gone. I'd be surprised if Ernie Accorsi hadn't said something to him like "you need to let the guys you hire do their jobs".
[/quote]

I don't know how you can think a person who has been so intricately involved in every aspect of the NFL (hell even the refs strike) would not take on the exact same role within his own franchise.

I hope his meddling stops as he has realized he is incapable of building a winning franchise. Running a business yes....but these are two completely different things.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1357150701' post='2073194']
I don't know how you can think a person who has been so intricately involved in every aspect of the NFL (hell even the refs strike) would not take on the exact same role within his own franchise.

I hope his meddling stops as he has realized he is incapable of building a winning franchise. Running a business yes....but these are two completely different things.
[/quote]

Why reach out to Ernie Accorsi if you're just gonna do it yourself?

(and don't say for appearances; that notion is silly)

Posted · Report post

cmon JR is a white suit and cigar away from being Boss Hogg...he already has the "Listen here now Boy" voice..
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1357151082' post='2073207']
Why reach out to Ernie Accorsi if you're just gonna do it yourself?

(and don't say for appearances; that notion is silly)
[/quote]
Consultants can offer their opinions. What if JR doesn't like what they have to say?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1357151514' post='2073221']
Consultants can offer their opinions. What if JR doesn't like what they have to say?
[/quote]

If he does something unforgivably stupid like hiring Brandon Beane, then I'll buy into it.

But if he hires a guy like Ross or Gettleman and hands them the keys, then I think we'll see real change.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1357149150' post='2073159']
I wouldn't go that far.

[/quote]

I hope you're right, but I feel like I've been putting together a large dot-to-dot puzzle since the inception of this franchise. There are lots of little dots all over the place, and by themselves they don't really tell the story, but as the lines connect, I feel like I'm seeing a picture that paints JR in a light that isn't too different from- other than outward appearances- a Jerry Jones.

I'm VERY interested in who - if anyone other than Beane- becomes our new GM.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro' timestamp='1357134574' post='2072905']
[/quote]

Draft a controversial BEAST of a QB, sign a new head coach, fired Hurney. Hired a consultant and in doing so kind of admitting that he doesnt have the best beat on the NFL and is willing to listen to advice AND use it.

The fug is wrong with you? and may I have some too