• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Kelly will be in Carolina. With Philly more than likely cutting their ties with Vick, where do you think Kelly would want to coach? You qb can be Cam Newton or Nick Foley....don't get me started on the browns.
JR is waiting hire the next GM, then make his move on Kelly.

#17 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I would cam all over myself if Kelly came here.

#18 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Kelly will be in Carolina. With Philly more than likely cutting their ties with Vick, where do you think Kelly would want to coach? You qb can be Cam Newton or Nick Foley....don't get me started on the browns.
JR is waiting hire the next GM, then make his move on Kelly.

If Kelly just wants to go the NFL and isn't holding out for an ideal landing spot he might have a job by the time we even know if we have an opening.

Cleveland appears ready to write him a blank check and give him the keys to the franchise.

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

"I have not thought about Jim Harbaugh as a head coach"

JR

#20 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

If Kelly just wants to go the NFL and isn't holding out for an ideal landing spot he might have a job by the time we even know if we have an opening.

Cleveland appears ready to write him a blank check and give him the keys to the franchise.

That's like getting the keys to a 96 Hyundai....why take those keys when you know it's going be a headache. We're all just guessing here, but Jellys got a pretty sweet gig at Oregon, he has no reason to jump ship at the first offer.

#21 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

That's like getting the keys to a 96 Hyundai....why take those keys when you know it's going be a headache. We're all just guessing here, but Jellys got a pretty sweet gig at Oregon, he has no reason to jump ship at the first offer.

They got deep pockets there and a not too terrible roster that's a QB and some direction away from being good.

You never know man.

I want him but need to temper the expectations towards reality.

#22 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'd give him full control if I was an owner... Id also put clauses in his contract so that if I didn't like what he was doing (by talking to players and others on the coaching staff/scouting dept. I could cut my losses with minimal financial obligation. I coach can get fired just as easily as any employee that works anywhere. Giving him "full control" is a BS term that ESPN came up with anyways, and now everyone has run with it. It's easy to confuse the sheople... The Wolves on the other hand are never convinced

The whole point of the contract is to make in difficult to fire someone without some kind of financial obligation. Why would any NFL coach make such a deal? Plus I agree with the ESPN stuff. Probably just wants say into personnel decisions. They spin that into full control ala Holmgren in Cleveland.

#23 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

They got deep pockets there and a not too terrible roster that's a QB and some direction away from being good.

You never know man.

I want him but need to temper the expectations towards reality.

I hear ya, I truthfully don't care who coaches us as long as we win....

#24 tgrfan01

tgrfan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

kellys offense works great in college where he can stock pile fast talent.i dont think he would fair to good in the nfl.i could be wrong.but he will not be able to load up on tons of speedy talented guys like he does at oregon

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Lets quit the Chip Kelly talk ok. Its JR we talking about here.

#26 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Kelly has interviews scheduled for Buffalo, Philly and Cleveland.

Glad we're not on the list.

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,634 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

But Ross will ; )

I have a feeling Kelly will have a new job before Ross does.

#28 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I have a feeling Kelly will have a new job before Ross does.

Ahh, but what if we changed that name to Gettleman?

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,634 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Ahh, but what if we changed that name to Gettleman?

Same story. Ross' job may not be here but as far as I know, no one else is looking at Gettleman.

Posted in the other thread, but Albert Breer is theorizing that Chip Kelly may be anxious to jump to the NFL right at this moment because he knows that Oregon is about to get busted by the NCAA for violations.

Someone remind me, wasn't that Pete Carroll's story too?

#30 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Same story. Ross' job may not be here but as far as I know, no one else is looking at Gettleman.

Posted in the other thread, but Albert Breer is theorizing that Kelly may be anxious to jump to the NFL right now because he knows Oregon is about to get busted for violations. Someone remind me, wasn't that Pete Carroll's story too?

Yeah, the same happen with Pete Caroll also. The good thing is nobody hasn't been hired yet. All the coaches are still on the market and the General managers are doing interviews. We probably want find out the leading candidates for jobs in till the weekend. The best thing for us as fans to do is to be patient. JR really wants to win and that's the main reason why he brought in Ernie Accorsi. He has plans to rebuild the front office. As for Rivera, I think his fate will be left up to the GM or JR has already made up his mind about what he is going to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.