Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe we are waiting on

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

No need to look. We have a GM in Beane.

Posted · Report post

JR quit the game at age 25 over money in the 60s and he's a football guy? He knows more about Hardees than football. He needs to hire a real football guy to run his operation.

So the only NFL Owner that actually played in the NFL is not as much a football guy as the other owners?

Posted · Report post

JR quit the game at age 25 over money in the 60s and he's a football guy? He knows more about Hardees than football. He needs to hire a real football guy to run his operation.

Has any other owner played at that level? No. Just saying that no one had heard a peep about the Olsen trade until it happened. This will probably be the same way. Richardson is a smart man, I really cannot imagine that he is not working on this.

Posted · Report post

remember how hurney was fired out of nowhere?

the rumor mill wasn't pumping anything out, mark schlereth didn't go on sportscenter 12 hours prior and say that he had a source that said the panthers GM was likely gone, PFT didn't say anything, etc. we're not going to hear poo.

Posted · Report post

We hired a GM consultant months ago so i trust that we have our short list as well as our top choice all sorted. As someone pointed out our guy may be still in the playoffs. If that is the case we have to wait.

I'm gusssing JR has interviewed those who are available. Conceivably we may not hire a GM until February.

Posted · Report post

"Our team doesn't tell us anything.

Waaaaaaaaaa

It must be the reason this team loses!"

Stupidity is real folks.

Posted · Report post

Plenty of sources. Again just rumors like most of what you hear. Google and you'll see for yourself

Chip Kelly has interviews lined up with Philly, Cleveland, and Buffalo.

He's not coming to Carolina.

Posted · Report post

and praise jeebus for that.

Posted · Report post

Yeah people need to get off the Kelly thing.

I wanted him, I still do, but the man will probably already have a job before we even hire a GM. So will other top tier coaching candidates with this many openings.

Start thinking about Tier 2 coaching candidates and ask yourself if they're better than Rivera. I don't think so. The longer this goes on the more likely it is that keeping Rivera with a "playoffs or you're fired" mandate is the best option.

Posted · Report post

JR always takes his time...and drags poo out...

this has ALWAYS been the case, where you guys been?

Posted · Report post

JR always takes his time...and drags poo out...

this has ALWAYS been the case, where you guys been?

He always drags out GM hires?

That sounds like a specious claim.

Posted · Report post

Chip Kelly has interviews lined up with Philly, Cleveland, and Buffalo.

He's not coming to Carolina.

As a Falcons fan I see how you'd hope so. Out of those I see the Panthers competing, though I agree who we get is going to want to be here and there are some guys who don't want to be here, Cam or no Cam (sorry to be realistic huddle).

Still though, the Browns? If anything we are a glorified browns. The eagles? Lots of bad cap management like us but our QB is much more promising and on his way up, not down. And their city/people are trash wtf. Buffalo, fans are OK their loyal despite their FOs bas decisions latley we can compare to all that, its cold as balls up really all I got but I if any team comes close I think its Bills, or Eagles if the coach doesn't mind shitty fans.

Still, those aren't exactly the Cowboys, Giants, Steelers, Packers, Bears....

JR is really this FO's biggest turn off if being small market isn't an issue. Yea he's a big one but... the Browns? come on