Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florio says we're "leaning" towards Dave Gettleman

123 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah with how some talked about Gettleman I expected him to look like the crypt keeper or something lol.

I'm fine with him or Ross. As for age, I could care less just give us the right man for the job.

2 people like this

Posted

He is 62.

he doesn't look it.

Posted

Someone explain to me why a team that builds through the draft would favor a lower regarded guy who was another team's director of pro personnel over a higly regarded prodigy that was that same team's director of college scouting.

It's the age. Gettleman is the "safe play." He won't be great, but at least he won't be radical, is the traditional line of thinking this team would take.

Note that I think Gettleman is a decent candidate, but it just shows some things never change.

1 person likes this

Posted

He doesn't look that fuggin old.

I've yet to see anywhere that actually says how old he is, but his Giants bio says he graduated college in '72, which would put him around 61-63.

Posted

He doesn't look that fuggin old.

That's a 20 year old photo.

Here's one more recent...

21166359.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

For anybody that cares (and you probably dont) LOL NJPanther said on twitter the reason why Gettleman is over Ross is because Ross absolutely wants to pick his own Head coach and is not okay with Rivera next year. Gettleman on the other hand is cool with Rivera but is coming off like another Yes man. Not sayin i believe this but its a legit reason if Ross doesnt end up coming here because i dont see how he couldnt like the job.

Posted

Here's his Giants profile

http://www.giants.com/team/staff/dave-gettleman/695ee783-862e-4ed5-bb35-aecea77aa9cb

Posted

For anybody that cares (and you probably dont) LOL NJPanther said on twitter the reason why Gettleman is over Ross is because Ross absolutely wants to pick his own Head coach and is not okay with Rivera next year. Gettleman on the other hand is cool with Rivera but is coming off like another Yes man. Not sayin i believe this but its a legit reason if Ross doesnt end up coming here because i dont see how he couldnt like the job.

This would make sense if NJpanthers didn't post it.

Posted

Yeah I actually agree with that assessment, but NJPanthers doesn't know more than anyone else this board.

Posted

If Ross doesn't get the job because Rivera needs another year then it just another example of how ass backwards this organization

Posted

Whatever JR wants or likes

He needs to do the opposite