• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#16 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

He did the exact opposite of what Jay Cutler did. Same results but at least he won't be called soft but the coaching staff will be crushed by the media because the Golden child of the NFL is re injured his knee and didn't take him out.

#17 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts
  • LocationMaine/Cali

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

At this point I honestly wouldn't be that surprised to see Cousins have a longer and better career in Washington.

#18 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,093 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

Meh, his incredibly high completion percentage proves he can pass accurately. What I don't understand is, the skins knew he was injured...why continue with some of the read options that had him running.

#19 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Meh, if Michael Vick can play ~12 games a year than RG3 can last a while. He will have to change his style though, start sliding more and running out of bounds.

He should take some notes from Cam, he took very few big hits this season (outside the pocket that is)

He is already more injury prone than Vick and this is just his rookie year. Problem with changing his style is that he is a running QB. If he has to be a pocket passer more often, Redskins are screwed.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,722 posts

RG3 reminded me more of a young Drew Brees, except Shanny was more interested in him running than learning to be a pocket QB

#21 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,957 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Meh, his incredibly high completion percentage proves he can pass accurately. What I don't understand is, the skins knew he was injured...why continue with some of the read options that had him running.

80% of his passes are short dump offs. Screw Griffin and the Skins.

#22 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

i was telling my wife right before he went down that i wouldn't be surprised if they came out and said this offseason that he did actually tear some ligaments. that knee certainly buckled like there wasn't a whole lot keeping everything connected

#23 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

he finished the year with qb rating of 102. for the YEAR.

That's what dinks and donks do for a QB. What until defense figure that out next season.

#24 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

He should take some notes from Cam, he took very few big hits this season (outside the pocket that is)

Thats because Cam outweighs 90% of the defensive players trying to tackle him. When defenders see an avg QB start to scramble, their eyes get huge as they envision that huge bone jarring hit. When Cam starts to run, defensive players close their eyes and hope Cam decides to cut rather than run over them.

#25 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Cousins is the better qb anyway. They will realize that once bob consistently starts missing games due to the injuries.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,323 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

short passing game is smart coaching no? guys let me let you in on a little secret. this is REAL NFL. not fantasy. stats don't really matter. even with short passes, 102 rating is solid.

you guys make it sound like RG3 is 3rd on the depth chart behing Clausen.

way to keep the fan base looking like football smart guys.

#27 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Maybe smart for a rookie and maybe for 1 year but defenses figure that stuff out quickly. Next year is the real test. I doubt RG3 comes near the same success as this year.

#28 trollfacedotjpg

trollfacedotjpg

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Looked painful, and I hope it isn't serious/he can come back from it. Seriously anyone who is happy he got injured shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

#29 AlabamaPanther

AlabamaPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al

He is another Vick. Can't pass worth a damn and is nothing without his legs. He is also more injury prone than Vick so I don't see him lasting very long also.

Are you high? He just set a rookie record for PASSER RATING and finished third overall for the season for passer rating. Look, I think he gets way too much hype but he is light years ahead of Vick as a passer.

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,323 posts
  • LocationMontford

we have no way of knowing till then. i said the same about Cam. d's will adjust to each person and thus that person needs to adjust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.