67 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Against Dallas, a one legged RG3 ran the read option to perfection, and won the game, basically without a real passing threat. (He threw for 100 yards?) Everybody in college does it seemingly, and Ive never really seen it fail anywhere else like it did here. A part of me wants to believe Cam is just a pocket passer, that can run. He isnt run first (it pisses me off when people assume he is..ahem). If Tom Brady ran a 4.3 or whatever, I doubt he would be running the read option. This is why I wanted RR and Chud trashed, and why I think we should focus on Cam as a passer capable of running, and not vice versa.

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

No.

Next question.

#3 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,181 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

No - it failed here because they tried to run it every other play, rendering it pedestrian. And even if Cam were to become a "pocket passer who can run", being a traditional passer and a guy who can execute an option play a couple times a game are not mutually exclusive.

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

I have a 5 times a game read option tolerance limit before I start cursing.

#5 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

RG3 could be running any type of offense, results would still be the same as they were with cam his rookie season. Once teams get a full year to study RG3 and his style etc, defenses will shut him down.

#6 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

RG3 could be running any type of offense, results would still be the same as they were with cam his rookie season. Once teams get a full year to study RG3 and his style etc, defenses will shut him down.

Im 100% convinced fans have no clue what they are talking about when they go to the "teams will have tape" theory. You could use the same logic in reverse. RG3 could get tape of a defense, and adjust just as easily.

#7 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

No
You're stupid.
Stop posting.

#8 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,410 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

I saw one commentator illustrate show the time difference from Cam and Rg3 and Cams time to execute was clearly slower.

#9 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

No
You're stupid.
Stop posting.

This will be the highlight of your day, wont it?

#10 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I saw one commentator illustrate show the time difference from Cam and Rg3 and Cams time to execute was clearly slower.

I noticed this in the Dallas game. On one leg RG3 was gone before the D knew who had the ball. We were always stuffed for some reason.

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,102 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Im 100% convinced fans have no clue what they are talking about when they go to the "teams will have tape" theory. You could use the same logic in reverse. RG3 could get tape of a defense, and adjust just as easily.

I believe you are the one who has no clue what they are talking about.

RGIII is "already" studying tape on the defenses that he was playing. The fact is that there was basically NO tape on RGIII or the style of offense that Shanahan created in Washington. Teams did not know what to expect or game plan for.

Now, teams will study the 2012 tape more and adjust.

Not saying that RGIII's success will be less next season because of it. But, your reverse logic comment was basically no logic at all.

#12 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Because his oline played better and the RB was a factor. Cam didn't really have that.

#13 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I believe you are the one who has no clue what they are talking about.

RGIII is "already" studying tape on the defenses that he was playing. The fact is that there was basically NO tape on RGIII or the style of offense that Shanahan created in Washington. Teams did not know what to expect or game plan for.

Now, teams will study the 2012 tape more and adjust.

Not saying that RGIII's success will be less next season because of it. But, your reverse logic comment was basically no logic at all.

So why have Brady, Peyton etc gone on decade long runs, with the almighty tape in the hands of defenses?

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,713 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

So why have Brady, Peyton etc gone on decade long runs, with the almighty tape in the hands of defenses?

Because their teams don't run a college offense.

#15 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

It's a question of timing, you have to setup the read-option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.