Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Barrett Jones - draft this dude!

93 posts in this topic

Are u and Panther Nation the same person?

?

Barrett Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember the Titans

suplee_zpscce9e64f.jpg

1 person likes this

Jones played through a lisfranc injury!!!!

Injury could drop his stock down on draft day even though he had a great game tonight. Good for us in the 2nd.

Barrett Jones s really good just not a luxury we can get in the first. A Tackle is the primary need along with DT and WR. At least in my GM world.

Barrett Jones s really good just not a luxury we can get in the first. A Tackle is the primary need along with DT and WR. At least in my GM world.

Jones will be a C/OG in the pro. Why do you guys keep thinking he'll be an OT? The man is only 6'4.

Jones will be a C/OG in the pro. Why do you guys keep thinking he'll be an OT? The man is only 6'4.

Thats why I said we need to get a Tackle.

LOL hell nah

I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.

Thats why I said we need to get a Tackle.

My bad I read it wrong bc how you worded everything. Well in that case, we don't need OT as much as a RG. I don't see how some people sees a need at OT but not at the most pressing need "RG" on the line. Warmack is the pick if we approach OLINE. No way do we go OT in the 1st.

My bad I read it wrong bc how you worded everything. Well in that case, we don't need OT as much as a RG. I don't see how some people sees a need at OT but not at the most pressing need "RG" on the line. Warmack is the pick if we approach OLINE. No way do we go OT in the 1st.

From a need standpoint, you're right. We need a RG more than anything else on the team. But there are other considerations to factor in. Here are a couple:

1) We have to get under the cap in March. That is going to require either re-negotiating Gamble and Gross or cutting/trading Gamble/Gross. Why them? Because between the 2 of them, they consume well over $20 million in cap space.

2) LT is a premium position in the league. You never find good LT's in FA, at least not at an affordable price. Conversely, RG is a position in which you can find decent players in FA and further down the draft board.

So it's not as cut and dried as just looking at need. We have the cap to think about and the supply side of supply and demand to think about. Drafting a tackle is very much a possibility.

I hope you realize that Jordan Gross is "only" 6'4.

LOL ^^^

I thought I read that Jones was 6'2?

Appears he is 6'4 - 6'5.

I want!