21 replies to this topic

#1 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Since Xmas, I've been trying to find some extra ammo just to have on hand.

I got a 9mm, my first handgun, as a gift from my dad. I've had my concealed carry permit since the beginning of last year, but just haven't gotten around to buying myself a handgun yet, so he got me and my wife one for each of us. Her's is a .22, and is mainly just a cutesy (it is pink and black) target shooter.

I was actually going to get some ammo prior to Xmas for my dad and grandpa as gifts. We do quite a bit of target shooting. I went at least a dozen places then, and none of them had .223 (the dreaded assault rifle caliber) nor .22LR, nor 9mm, nor .45. I attributed this somewhat to my procrastination of gift purchasing, and also other gun owners making a grab for all that they can while they can.

Despite my efforts (checking pretty regularly) I've not been able to find any 9mm or .22LR to this day in a local shop.

Also, online prices have jumped, at least for 9mm, almost double in the span of a week. That is, if you can even find anyone with any in stock.

I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the people causing this shortage/inflation are the ones you actually have to worry about losing control of their actions and committing such atrocities as we have seen in recent mass shootings.

Congrats gun haters... honest, responsible gun owners everywhere are currently having a tough time finding ammunition.

#2 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

If you are legitimately in need of 9 mil rounds pm me.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's the gun masterbaters that bought the bullets

#4 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Since Xmas, I've been trying to find some extra ammo just to have on hand.

I got a 9mm, my first handgun, as a gift from my dad. I've had my concealed carry permit since the beginning of last year, but just haven't gotten around to buying myself a handgun yet, so he got me and my wife one for each of us. Her's is a .22, and is mainly just a cutesy (it is pink and black) target shooter.

I was actually going to get some ammo prior to Xmas for my dad and grandpa as gifts. We do quite a bit of target shooting. I went at least a dozen places then, and none of them had .223 (the dreaded assault rifle caliber) nor .22LR, nor 9mm, nor .45. I attributed this somewhat to my procrastination of gift purchasing, and also other gun owners making a grab for all that they can while they can.

Despite my efforts (checking pretty regularly) I've not been able to find any 9mm or .22LR to this day in a local shop.

Also, online prices have jumped, at least for 9mm, almost double in the span of a week. That is, if you can even find anyone with any in stock.

I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the people causing this shortage/inflation are the ones you actually have to worry about losing control of their actions and committing such atrocities as we have seen in recent mass shootings.

Congrats gun haters... honest, responsible gun owners everywhere are currently having a tough time finding ammunition.

There are some who are buying because they think they soon won't be allowed to anymore. For the rest It's simply supply and demand. I'd venture most of the people lining up to buy guns/ammo/mags are simply buying now to sell later and make $. Certainly true with the mags. I was in one store and the owner told me mags that used to sell for $10 are now going for $100 and he sells everything he gets in.

#5 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Just bought all the 33 round glock mags they had in stock (3).

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

After every national gun tragedy, gun people go on buying sprees. Has nothing to do with what anyone to do with gun control does.

#7 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Lol yeah, ok dude.

#8 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Are you denying there's a consistent spike after mass shootings or are you denying that the people buying these already have guns/ammo?

#9 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

After a mass shooting the talk begins of reinstating the awb and more gun control. That is the reason many of folks are going out and getting items while they can.

#10 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

So just out of curiosity, what differentiates a 'gun nut' from 'some guy who owns guns'?

#11 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,717 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

So just out of curiosity, what differentiates a 'gun nut' from 'some guy who owns guns'?

nothing in most peoples' eyes

unfortunately

#12 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

nothing in most peoples' eyes

unfortunately

I suspect you may be right...

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

People who own guns see them as tools, not something necessary to their survival or reason for being.

Gun nuts worship guns and are addicted to the sense of power it gives them. They react to guns in a religious and emotional way.

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

In this forum ?

Who you voted for last November mostly.

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Anyone who disagrees with my ideas on gun control

FTFY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.