90 replies to this topic

#76 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

No player twitter remarks about this? Must be scared now....or on vacation.

Or they don't care because it's a business and you don't question what your team does. Also it's very miniscule in the world of the NFL

Thomas Davis was not happy about the Belin firing.

#77 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,502 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Earlier today from Davis

Thomas Davis@TD58SDTM

Sad day. Panthers Nation we lost a good one today. #CoachBelinSMH

#78 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thats hawt

#79 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Oh lord jeezus it's a fawr!

#80 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,777 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I haven't looked yet... But how many of our goofball thread starters have called for Rob Ryan as LB coach?

#81 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I kinda find myself wondering if they might promote Ricky Proehl to the full time WR coach slot.

That said, reading the Panthers.com article, I think the "different direction" Rivera might want to go in has to do with more coaching experience at the pro level. He definitely has some options for that at RB Coach with guys like Tim Spencer, Ollie Wilson and Ted Williams. There's also Charlie Joiner to possibly be had as a receiver coach.

Linebackers? Only guys I could find with much experience there among the recently freed staffs were Bob Babich of the Bears (unlikely given history) and Mike Caldwell of the Eagles. Caldwell's an interesting option, not super long in the experience department but connections with both Rivera and McDermott via the Eagles. Also ended his playing career as a Panther.

what history with Babich?
You know we employ his kid, right?

there's this:

http://bit.ly/WLUpIV

has some names on it

#82 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,719 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

what history with Babich?
You know we employ his kid, right?

there's this:

http://bit.ly/WLUpIV

has some names on it

Well, the history has more to do with Lovie Smith than Babich, but Babich was the guy that Smith replaced him with.

Didn't know his son worked here but looked it up. Per Dan Pompei, Rivera apparently tried to get hold of Babich when he was setting up his staff originally. Guess there's no bad feeling there, after all.

Knowing that, with Smith out, it makes sense he could go after Babich to replace Belin.

#83 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,651 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

I have no idea why we're firing anybody

Didn't we end this season on the right note

#84 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Norv as o coordinator and Lovie as DC duh

#85 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,673 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Thomas Davis was not happy about the Belin firing.

I was joking. Trust me, we've had out fair share of players speak their minds after a big FO desicion. Williams, Davis, lafell, and CJ just to name a few twitter guys.

#86 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

If you never heard of this news you would never know it happend by watching on Sundays.

This is like your corporation hiring a new assistant director of marketing... Really other than the coaches and their family who cares?

#87 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

If you never heard of this news you would never know it happend by watching on Sundays.

You're oblivious.

#88 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

I don't think firing these guys is all that big of a deal.. sounds like Ron originally had a lot of other people in mind for position coaches and all three teams he has ties to just broke up their coaching staffs. I wouldn't take any of these firings as tools to divert blame but more likely as a way to free up space for guys Ron has more ties/experience with, which is probably a good thing. Say what you will about Ron's being a head coach, but he definitely seems to have connections to a lot of good people in the coaching pool.

#89 Halifax Panther

Halifax Panther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

3-4 def. here we come!

#90 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Well, the history has more to do with Lovie Smith than Babich, but Babich was the guy that Smith replaced him with.

Didn't know his son worked here but looked it up. Per Dan Pompei, Rivera apparently tried to get hold of Babich when he was setting up his staff originally. Guess there's no bad feeling there, after all.

Knowing that, with Smith out, it makes sense he could go after Babich to replace Belin.

figured that's what you meant, but didn' t know if there was something I wasn't aware of.
Definitely more between Rivera and Lovie. Lovie never really wanted Rivera, but he worked out well and Marinelli wasn't available.

Babich makes plenty of sense, but I almost like Pagano more. Babich might make more sense since he was eventually demoted under Lovie for Marinelli.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com