35 replies to this topic

#31 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

How in the world should that be considered close minded? It is close-minded to suggest that there is no such thing as a paranormal event, which is what you guys are doing.

Depending on the nature of the event it would be easy to tell.

Why do you keep saying that? No one has suggested that there is no such thing as a paranormal event. No one.

However when you say you KNOW an unexplained event IS paranormal, you are being close minded because you have no evidence to prove it yet you KNOW (saying with certainty) that it's paranormal. That is close minded.

#32 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

The definition of insanity: Talking to a insane person over and over again.

#33 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,840 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Why do you keep saying that? No one has suggested that there is no such thing as a paranormal event. No one.

However when you say you KNOW an unexplained event IS paranormal, you are being close minded because you have no evidence to prove it yet you KNOW (saying with certainty) that it's paranormal. That is close minded.

I am saying that because they are essentially stating that for something to be paranormal, it has to be explained as paranormal. But what primarily makes something paranormal is our inability to explain the how and why behind it...therefore they are creating an environment under their perameters that would not be able to foster a paranormal event.

I dont understand what would be so hard about identifying a paranormal event. "UFO's" in some instances are a good example. We know there's something out of the ordinary with the situation, however we don't know to what extent and the details behind it.

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I am saying that because they are essentially stating that for something to be paranormal, it has to be explained as paranormal. But what primarily makes something paranormal is our inability to explain the how and why behind it...therefore they are creating an environment under their perameters that would not be able to foster a paranormal event.

I dont understand what would be so hard about identifying a paranormal event. "UFO's" in some instances are a good example. We know there's something out of the ordinary with the situation, however we don't know to what extent and all the details.

You just told me you could prove a paranormal event. But whatever.

If there is no known natural reason for an event then paranormal or supernatural are still possibilities as well as the possibility that we are simply too ignorant to know the natural reasons for the event.

#36 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Deleted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.