• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Adrenaline

Adrenaline

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Technically, the last time we had pick #14 we traded with NYJ. They took Revis and we took Beason and Kalil.

#32 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

We really need to hit this 1st round pick out of the park. Maybe we should hire a consultant. I wonder what Hurney is up to these days?!

#33 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I like that we use it on occasion.... JUST ON OCCASION THOUGH lol

I'm feeling DT in the first (that could change before draft time though).. Right now the guy is Jesse Williams out of Alabama the guy destroys O-Linemen. We also need to sure up to O-Line though can't have our franchise getting hurt.

Obviously you are not a water-cooler fan. Williams may not be available at 14 because of the game we witnessed.

It may behoove the Cats to go WR in the first as many OLinemen will be available before after non-existent 3rd round pick rolls around.

I think we just agreed on something.

#34 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I remember being so pissed that year because I wanted Patrick Willis and the Niners got him.

#35 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Obviously you are not a water-cooler fan. Williams may not be available at 14 because of the game we witnessed.

It may behoove the Cats to go WR in the first as many OLinemen will be available before after non-existent 3rd round pick rolls around.

I think we just agreed on something.

I think if Williams isn't available Star Lotulelei will be (I think someone will bite on Richardson to be the second DT off the board)... And if neither are go Chance Warmack

#36 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

I think if Williams isn't available Star Lotulelei will be (I think someone will bite on Richardson to be the second DT off the board)... And if neither are go Chance Warmack

Scott, I hate to end what appears to be me and you ending a fight but if Star is available at 14, I will buy you an elite Kuechly jersey.

I would give my left knutt for him but he is gone before 14 IMNSHO.

#37 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Scott, I hate to end what appears to be me and you ending a fight but if Star is available at 14, I will buy you an elite Kuechly jersey.

I would give my left knutt for him but he is gone before 14 IMNSHO.

I'm having a hard time believing it as well... But wasn't Nick Fairley supposed to go number 1 overall to us? Wasn't Prince Amukamara supposed to go in the top 10? Crazy things happen my friend.

#38 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'm having a hard time believing it as well... But wasn't Nick Fairley supposed to go number 1 overall to us? Wasn't Prince Amukamara supposed to go in the top 10? Crazy things happen my friend.

That was the case. Nice homework.

I still think Davis could be a Pro Bowl Safety.

#39 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,836 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'm so wet.

#40 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

I like that we use it on occasion.... JUST ON OCCASION THOUGH lol

I'm feeling DT in the first (that could change before draft time though).. Right now the guy is Jesse Williams out of Alabama the guy destroys O-Linemen. We also need to sure up to O-Line though can't have our franchise getting hurt.

(1) Hankins (2) Jesse (3) Sheldon in the 1st for us.

#41 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

(1) Hankins (2) Jesse (3) Sheldon in the 1st for us.

I just think Hankins fits a 3-4 better I could be wrong... Sheldon Richardson has a lot of potential he just needs to put on some weight.

#42 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,848 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I wouldn't hand out your nuts just yet. Remember when people were talking up Nick Fairly for the number one pick and he kept dropping eventually to 10. Or Aaron Rodgers dropping...I'm not saying it's a bad thing if it happens there's just no need to lose a nut over it.

#43 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Thomas Davis was a "safety" in name only, both at UGA and his rookie season. He basically played the "joker" position. He was a hybrid safety/LB, but more LB than safety.

TD could've played safety 20 years ago when you could drop down and play in the box most of the time and just head hunt in coverage, but he can't play safety in today's NFL. The way he'd have to play safety is basically outlawed in today's league.

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

I wouldn't hand out your nuts just yet. Remember when people were talking up Nick Fairly for the number one pick and he kept dropping eventually to 10. Or Aaron Rodgers dropping...I'm not saying it's a bad thing if it happens there's just no need to lose a nut over it.

Fairly dropped bc he was clearly considered a knuckle head and for Rodgers, it was a draft that not many teams needed a QB other than SF. It was between Alex and Rodgers. Even GB didn't need Rodgers. It was a sexy pick.

And who are you talking about droppin?

#45 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Thomas Davis was a "safety" in name only, both at UGA and his rookie season. He basically played the "joker" position. He was a hybrid safety/LB, but more LB than safety.

Totally agree.

TD could've played safety 20 years ago when you could drop down and play in the box most of the time and just head hunt in coverage, but he can't play safety in today's NFL. The way he'd have to play safety is basically outlawed in today's league.

This such a weird request to have TD move to saftey with DB requiring more stress on his knees.

TD is still a huge injury risk..and why would the Panthers want to move him away from the position he excells at. Also it took him two seasons to bulk up to play lber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com