Photo
- - - - -

Biden just now: "executive orders and executive action can be taken" to enact gun control

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#181 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Nope. Handguns too:

Haughton opened fire at the Azana Day Spa around 11 a.m. Sunday, just three days after his estranged wife, Zina, obtained a four-year restraining order. He was ordered to turn over all of his firearms to a county sheriff, though it's unclear whether he turned in any weapons.
But he bought the .40-caliber semiautomatic handgun used in the attack from a private owner on Saturday, according to police in Brown Deer, the Milwaukee suburb where Haughton lived. The seller did nothing illegal, however, because Wisconsin law only requires background checks and a 48-hour waiting period from gun dealers, not from private individuals.

Three of the victims remained hospitalized late Monday.

Read more: http://www.businessi...0#ixzz2Hylvoesr

http://www.businessi...control-2012-10

#182 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I guess the thing that troubles me is usually those that lean right, seem to have this very odd or almost naïve trust of Corporate America, and they don't even mind if Corporate America is hypocritical or condescending. They just trust them.

"I don't mind smarter more common sense gun laws. but that's as far as it needs to go." I have yet to read anything which would lead me to believe our federal government intends to do anything other than that.

I, too, am perplexed at why anyone wouldn't trust the entity which has a monopoly on the legal use of force.

When will people realize that the real threat is the Coca-Cola Company?

#183 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

Look at it. It's taunting us with our enjoyment of giving up freedom for security.

Fascism has no clearer symbol around which to build solidarity!

#184 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Nope. Handguns too:

http://www.businessi...control-2012-10

Gun shows are dealers, dealers require background checks, if Fuzz sells me a gun he does not have to do a background check.

THUS, Pistols at gun shows still require background checks.

and DAMN THAT GUN TO HELL for killing that man's wife, he surely wouldn't have done it had the gun not forced his hand.

#185 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,323 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

and DAMN THAT GUN TO HELL for killing that man's wife, he surely wouldn't have done it had the gun not forced his hand.

but it made it so much easier in his hand

#186 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Gun shows are dealers, dealers require background checks, if Fuzz sells me a gun he does not have to do a background check.

THUS, Pistols at gun shows still require background checks.

Bill Bernstein, owner of East Side Gun Shop in East Nashville, objects to these ostensibly casual sellers on business grounds. Strictly speaking, they don’t pose direct competition to his business, since he stays away from gun shows. But their regular activities end up looking very similar to his, just without the rules, regulation and red tape.

“It’s their ‘private collection,’ ” he said, “[but] their private collection changes every week, and every week or every gun show they’re out there with a different table of guns, buying, selling, trading. I’m sorry, to me that person is an unlicensed dealer.

Bernstein is not calling for stricter regulation of what he considers “unlicensed dealers” for the purpose of stronger gun control, but rather in the interest of general fairness. Simply put, they’re cutting corners where he can’t. But his complaint also lends credence to the primary argument against the legal exceptions that allow such activity.

Under the guise of a casual private sale, these unlicensed dealers are able to operate outside of rules and regulations, such as required background checks, that would typically govern sales of similar volume and frequency. On the flip side, they create a quasi-legitimate market where individuals who would otherwise be prohibited from obtaining a firearm can purchase one. It is a felony to knowingly sell a gun to a prohibited person, but without a required background check, the situation effectively becomes one of “don’t ask, don’t tell,” regardless of the intentions of the dealer.

http://nashvillecity...ckground-checks

#187 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

http://nashvillecity...ckground-checks

Oh you mean people breaking the law.
Pretty important part there.

#188 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Can I buy pot from you

#189 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Shouldn't you be in bed already?

Snuggies make it easier to be lazy, but they don't create laziness. :D

#190 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

put one on and see what happens

#191 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

facepalm.jpg

The people who think shooting someone is easier than any other way of killing... If you are okay with killing something or someone I don't think the tool matters too much...

Switzerland and to a lesser extent the USA are the only places on the planet where you can easily defend yourself, Gun grabbers you have the Rest of the planet, move..

#192 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

You ever been to Switzerland?

#193 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

All the time, the gun crime rate and violent crime being low is enjoyable. I'm sure you haven't, not enough gun free zones to give your childish mind a sense of ease.

#194 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I hope Obama/Biden go through with this.

#195 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

You ever been to Switzerland?

Have you? Bet you didn't try to break and enter if you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com