16 replies to this topic

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I hope you're right. Ideally we keep Dwan and draft a big nose tackle - preferably Jesse Williams.

I could almost see a DT as our no.1 pick in April. Gettleman was taught that you win championship by getting after the QB. We're good at DEs but bad inside.

A Dline of CJ-Dwan-Jesse-Hardy would make me creamed.

#12 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

I hope you're right. Ideally we keep Dwan and draft a big nose tackle - preferably Jesse Williams.

I think OL is a much more pressing need. Esp with the aging Gross and his contract.

Kearse came in and played more than serviceable. Not sure what the staff was thinking when they cut him.

#13 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

I think OL is a much more pressing need. Esp with the aging Gross and his contract.

Kearse came in and played more than serviceable. Not sure what the staff was thinking when they cut him.

OL is definitely pressing but I felt the BPA for our needs was Williams and a guard in the second would probably be better than Reid and Motta in the 4th

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

The only thing I can see a problem with, is a Beason restructure. While Beason's deal is awful, a restructure is tricky. When you restructure, the signing bonus accelerates, creating a huge instant cap hit. So restructuring Beason actually wouldn't save us any cap space, which is one of the main problems with the cap situation here. We maybe could break even on a restructure, but more than likely you're creating a cap hit....

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Munnerlyn will almost certainly be gone with Gettleman as GM. There's a decent chance Dwan Edwards isn't retained either, though I'm guessing Rivera will be able to convince Gettleman to give him a 1 or 2 year deal.

Why would you say that about Munnerlyn or Dwan? What do you know about Gettleman that would give definitive insight on what he us likely to do?

#16 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Savings total: Barely enough to sign our own free agents and draft picks.

I'm going to nit-pick from that gigantic write-up, but just so that everyone here is clear, the rookies we draft do, in no way, effect the salary cap. The money for rookies comes from a pool each team is allotted. Every team, no matter if you're 48925743289 billion dollars over the salary cap, can sign each and every draft pick.

#17 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm going to nit-pick from that gigantic write-up, but just so that everyone here is clear, the rookies we draft do, in no way, effect the salary cap. The money for rookies comes from a pool each team is allotted. Every team, no matter if you're 48925743289 billion dollars over the salary cap, can sign each and every draft pick.

Thanks that's very helpful and something I did not know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users