Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

273 posts in this topic

Posted

This is an excellent hire, Ross was the "sexy" candidate but the longer this process went and the more I read the more I wanted Gettleman - he seemed like the most qualified candidate by a long shot.

I've pretty much wanted either Ross or Gettleman the entire time, and either one was going to be a win for us so yeah

Posted

The more I learned about him the more he definitely seemed like the best man for the job.

I'm very pleased. LOL still with the Beane knob polishing. Get over it!

Posted

but the age though....

Doesn't matter at all. The guy is barely over 60.

What are you, 12?

Posted

We've got a General Manager. And what looks to be a damn good one at that. Hooray!!!

Now all he's got to do is restrucuture some if our stars, cut Nakamura, get us under the cap, draft well, and then we'll be golden.

Posted

Lombardi-Trophy.jpg
1 person likes this

Posted

FNZ guys say they're hearing (unknown from where) that Brandon Beane won't even be employed by the Panthers much longer.

Makes me wonder if perhaps Beane was the guy telling people that he was a candidate.

2 people like this

Posted

Yas NFC south update, "I will be back shortly with analysis on this move" (as soon as I am done reading the huddle)

Posted

Doesn't matter at all. The guy is barely over 60.

What are you, 12?

um people usually retire around 65. you seem him doing this into his 70s?

and no arrogant little sh*t

Posted

To be fair, the purposelessness in whatever you post amuses the rest of us

Cool, I'm only on here for entertainment purposes and to read Mr. Scot posts(it's a bit stalkerish but the dude always has good info).

Posted

Yas NFC south update, "I will be back shortly with analysis on this move" (as soon as I am done reading the huddle)

I ran it through Google Translate. It came back with this:

I'll be back just as soon as I can figure out a way to explain how I was actually right about Brandon Beane being a serious candidate even though it looks like he wasn't even interviewed.
5 people like this

Posted

Can't say I'm displeased with the hire. :)

Posted

FNZ guys say they're hearing (unknown from where) that Brandon Beane won't even be employed by the Panthers much longer.

Makes me wonder if perhaps Beane was the guy telling people that he was a candidate.

He was never guaranteed a job under the new GM, JR told him that when he got the bump up to Interim GM. Like I said in the other thread about Hurney. He ran a thin and lean front office, because he did some much work on the personal side of things and on the other side was Beane. They did the work that teams usually hire 12-15 people to do. That's just the way Hurney wanted it structured, expect lots of news once the press conference is over on new staff hires in the front office on both personnel and operations.