Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else out there have trouble sleeping?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#25 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

If you can turn off the TV, read a novel for an hour while having some of the tea I linked and still not get to sleep; I'm sure we can find some medical researchers that would like to meet you.

Lol, thanks. I've turned the TV off plenty of times before 8 PM, read a book for about 3 hours, shut the light off, and sat there for about 4 more hours trying to relax and drift off.

I guess I need to get to a Doc then, cause honestly, this sucks. I'm tired of existing on 2 hours of sleep on average a night, especially if I oversleep for work. Lucky for me, my boss is cool, and understands, so long as I put my time in, but it's gotten putridly old dealing with it.

#26 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Is ur mind all over the place when u trying to go to sleep? If it is then u got anxiety issues, you need xanax.

#27 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Did you guys know most sleeping drugs like ambien and lunesta have one common side effect called insomnia... Yeap, sleeping meds can actually cause anxiety and make you stay up all night.

Also, its easier to fall asleep in a cooler room. When heart rate drops, you get sleepy. When heart rate increases u'll struggle to fall asleep.

#28 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Also, the food u eat and meds u take can alter ur sleep habits and even can cause anxiety. Drinking too much caffeine can destroy ur sleep. Depression can also cause anxiety.

#29 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

raskle. before you go to the doc just try some dif things first. sometimes it can be simple tweaks you may have not even thought about.

do you exercise at all? how is your diet? do you eat spicy foods or lots of dairy?

do you ever write in a journal? to me, that can get things out of your head onto paper and it's suddenly much smaller than what was in your head.

how are your friendships? do you get much time with friends.

im no doc by no means. maybe just doing some things a bit dif might be a enough of a boost in the right direction.

#30 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have a friend who takes melatonin...it works for her

Yep. This stuff is great:

Posted Image

#31 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks PStall,

I do exercise occasionally, just not consistently. Work 8+ hours a day at a desk job, which I'm sure doesn't help. But I'll be out there for a few hours here and there, like the driving range for 2 hours or so at least once a week, or taking walks. Need to crank that up though.

Spicy foods, rarely. Dairy is no more than average intake at best - glass or two a day, sometimes not all day.

I don't write in a journal, just not my thing. Most of the things floating in my head at night are random, crazy stuff, like ideas for new movies or books, stuff like that. Every now and then, I'll have a worry cross my mind, but it's not even a weekly thing. I'm A.D.D. if that helps explain it a little. Also see friends at least once on the weekends, and feel pretty solid with them.

Great input though, thanks and keep em coming! Definitely helps to have ideas tossed out there that I haven't thought of myself, so much appreciated.

#32 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

dr.pstall presribes you write more. engage your left side of your brain a bit more, it will cure your boredom, satisfy what may be lacking at work and make your add work for you. you have it. it doesnt have you.

#33 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

have a tug before bedtime...might not help you sleep but you'll be in a better mood and more relaxed!

#34 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I had trouble sleeping until I got my medical marijuana card lol.

#35 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

I sleep maybe once every week. I literally never sleep