Photo
- - - - -

Oday Aboushi-Left Tackle H-6'6 - W-310

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Came across an interesting prospect that im starting to like a little bit. His name is Oday Aboushi and he plays left tackle for Virginia University. Got some tape on him and he does a decent job....so how do you like him?? Right now he is projected to be a 2nd to 3rd round pick, And thats good since Joeckel and Fisher will most likley be gone when the Panthers pick. He wears number 72.

#2 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

He looks great against the run, shows good hand punch, gets to the second level.. he looks very good against the pass unless it's a speed rush. His feet aren't quick enough to keep up with the speed rush which forces him to get lateral and opens him up for an easy rip move. He will be a RT prospect.. he doesn't have the feet to play LT in the NFL. I admit, it could be a lack of footwork, but in my opinion, I don' t think that's the case.

#3 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

He looks great against the run, shows good hand punch, gets to the second level.. he looks very good against the pass unless it's a speed rush. His feet aren't quick enough to keep up with the speed rush which forces him to get lateral and opens him up for an easy rip move. He will be a RT prospect.. he doesn't have the feet to play LT in the NFL. I admit, it could be a lack of footwork, but in my opinion, I don' t think that's the case.

oh okay..what do you think about xavior nixon uf or a chris faulk lsu.

#4 Chief Keek

Chief Keek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

I think Xavior Nixon would be a solid pick, Faulk not so much because you don't know how he is going to return from that knee injury. We already had to deal with Jeff Otah and his injury issues.

#5 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I have never heard of either of them, so I just watched some tape of both of them.

Florida vs TAMU - Nixon looks better than his 4th round projection. He handled the speed rush well, the bull rush well, countered well.. he displayed some nastiness in the run game. The one negative I saw was there were some mental lapses when getting to the 2nd level. Many times he would block his man out of the play, get to the 2nd level, and then showed indecisiveness on who to block next, and oftentimes didn't block anyone. The only other concern was his lack of balance when moving laterally. He seemed to block great when going downhill but when asked to block laterally his play declined.

2011 BCS National Championship Game - Chris Faulk.. I don't know where to begin but I grade him as a 7th round pick. Bama made him look like a DI-AA scrub. Most of the time he preferred to cut block his opponent at the knees because he was clearly overmatched. He doesn't deal well with the speed rush very well. His strength is run blocking but even that was just above average.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

He's someone I like in the 2nd, which will give us the oppurtunity to take a better DT prospect in the 1st.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Eric fisher, but I'm not sure if guard is a bigger need in the first

#8 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I've had my eye on Aboushi as a possible 2nd rounder.

#9 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Fluker from Bama in the 2nd. Hands down if we cant land Fisher in the 1st. Which we wont.

#10 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Fluker is Otah 2.0

#11 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Better pass blocker / quicker feet.

If Otah would have stayed healthy he would be a beast of a RT.

#12 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Jesus. The announcers would never get the names of our OL right other than Kalil.

"Nice block by the big dark guy beside Kalil."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com