Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Coaching Connections (OC Options)

59 posts in this topic

well...

I mean, WCO and Coryell have some similar roots but E-P is just an amalgamation of older offenses.

Great list, thanks.

Definitely similar roots, but have evolved into very different systems.

I could live with an E-P guy but I prefer as little change to the base offense as possible

i dont trust rivera with this decision.

Exactly....Rivera can't be trusted with staff decisions or in game management decisions....

What's he here for again?

The Chud fan club has nothing to worry about. There are many more other options that run the Coryell system and most likely better than Chud. We are not doomed.

Exactly....Rivera can't be trusted with staff decisions or in game management decisions....

What's he here for again?

continuity (oops) and save money

I would love Al Saunders. Just google him.

I don't hate Shula as OC because it keeps Cam in the same system and he has much better pieces work with here than he did when he was the Bucs OC in the late 90's. People just want to cross him off because he didn't do great 12 years ago and they'd don't perceive him as a big name based on reading some posts on the internet. Rivera knows he can't start slow next year so he's going to do everything he can to make sure the offense does not take a step back. If he trusts Shula to help him save his job next year then I'm good with it.

I like Hue Jackson and was impressed with his offense when he was with the Raiders.

1 person likes this

Ramsdell is a pretty interesting choice. Lot to like about him.

@AlbertBreer: Carolina requested permission to interview Hue Jackson about its OC opening, w/Chud gone.

here we go

this is almost ideal. I like Hue.

i like hue jackson as well.. but its obviously not all about the coryell offense because joe person said this on twitter....

Joe Person@josephperson

Former Browns coach Pat Shurmur among candidates for #Panthers' off coord job, per league source. Shurmur, Chud trading places?

Joe Person@josephperson

Shurmur and Rivera worked together for 5 years on Andy Reid's staff in Philly.

Shurmur is a WCO guy..

Definitely similar roots, but have evolved into very different systems.

I could live with an E-P guy but I prefer as little change to the base offense as possible

I actually think that's the system Cam could do really well with.

Mularky and Whiz both could utilize it here.