Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More changes to come? Possible

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

With Gentleman being our new GM and so many positions now open, he can bring in his own group of coaches. I know Rivera will have a say on the hires, but he is on a short leash. This is what we needed. Gentleman probably told Rivera to let some go and Chud saw his chance for a HC job and took it. We will start fresh with a new GM and several new coaches. This is not a bad thing.

Posted · Report post

Should be a busy Senior Bowl.

Posted · Report post

The Doom and Gloom crew needs to take a chill pill. Look at what ATL did this year with two new coordinators. Look at what the Colts did with their coaching situation. This can be a change for the good or bad. It doesn't have to be bad.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I love how folks rail against the status quo, and demand changes. So we get a Quilified GM and are changing the staff and they are still unhappy.

You can't make this stuff up.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I love how folks rail against the status quo, and demand changes. So we get a Quilified GM and are changing the staff and they are still unhappy.

You can't make this stuff up.

Well we should've kept the same people, but they were supposed to change who they are & what they do...

Posted · Report post

Sometimes I wish I could just fast forward the forums a few weeks - months.

Posted · Report post

Well we should've kept the same people, but they were supposed to change who they are & what they do...

But, but, but, isn't that Rivera's job. To make not only the players better, but the coaches as well?

I am sure that if Rivera didn't believe he could upgrade the staff he would have kept who he had. I love what is going on. We are not the same Org. we were. We are trying to improve. We just may get better, and not necessarily worse as some would have you believe.

Posted · Report post

If we end up with a Hue Jackson and Dave Toub, I'd consider it a pretty successful coaching staff shuffle.

Posted · Report post

Should be a busy Senior Bowl.

You mean the annual job fair?

Posted · Report post

Norv Turner and Hue Jackson would both be immediate upgrades...

Posted · Report post

This is truer than you know. You wouldn't believe how many coaches who are out of the game I've seen kissing butt with coaches they know they might have an opportunity with over the years.

Jim Haslett comes to mind as the most pitiful.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, although we do have the advantage of the HC in place with all these secondary coaching positions open (or may yet open if Chud raids our staff), teams that dont have a HC yet are gonna get the leftovers assuming Rivera's apparent lame Duck status doesn't keep quality assistants away from Carolina.