• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Once, just once, I'd like for Gantt to write an article without being paranoid that folks would call him a homer.

if they could figure out a way to have winning seasons instead of losing ones full of excuses, that might change.

#47 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Gantt was the biggest negative Nancy when it came to Cam's rookie year. fug him and his opinions

#48 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Gantt obviously knows this fanbase well and knows how to rile you all up for his gain.

You guys are just dancing to his fiddle

#49 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I like Gantt quite a bit but he has been particularly uh.. strident? bitchy? regarding the Panthers lately.

I'd like to call it PMS'ing or either he has sand in his vagina.

#50 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,667 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Nobody saw Chud leaving. And I love all the snarky fugging comments by these guys in the media.

"It was cute for the moment." It was also effective which is one of the reasons why we finished in back to back season with a top 10 offense in TDs per drive and are 4th in TDs per drive over the last two seasons.

This is the type of poo that makes me hate the media. They are eager to pounce. Gantt seems genuinely upset that Rivera did not get fired.

And one last thing, if Gettleman was that concerned about not hiring his own coach, he could have just not taken the fugging job.

So you're saying the read option was an effective base offense for us?

#51 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

So you're saying the read option was an effective base offense for us?

The read option is a type of play, not a base offense.

Secondly, I don't think the read option itself was the issue. i didn't like the way we were running it, and we had a hard time blocking.

It doesn't matter if you are running a power run game, zone run, or read option, if miss your assignments or get beat on your block your going to lose yardage.

#52 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,404 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

While I never agreed with Gantt all the time, it pains me to see he has reduced himself to such an ignorant tool.

#53 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

The read option is a type of play, not a base offense.

I don't understand why people continue to say this either. It's a type of run play, nothing more.

#54 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

JR told Rivera he'd get a 3rd year. He then hired Gettleman. With Gettleman's resume, if he was absolutely set on firing Rivera JR may have let him.

#55 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

JR told Rivera he'd get a 3rd year. He then hired Gettleman. With Gettleman's resume, if he was absolutely set on firing Rivera JR may have let him.

I don't think so. Could you imagine:

A) how bad that would look to tell a guy he is safe and then fire him? Could you imagine any other coach wanting to coach for an organization that would do something like that?

B.) The players all seemed pretty pumped that Rivera kept his job. I can only imagine what kind of atmosphere and culture it would cause to turn around and fire him after telling him he was safe.

Having said that, if we get off to a slow start again, i imagine both Gettleman and JR will have itchy trigger fingers. I won't be shocked if Rivera gets fired after 8 games if we are 2-6 or 3-5

#56 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

so gantt is still trying to take angles to defend hurney post-mortem

#57 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

So when we fire Rivera next year, will we have to get another OC once again?

This is nothing but positioning to draft Clowney. Which if we're not a playoff team next year....I'd prefer anyway.

#58 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

No reason to fire Rivera this year with the cap hell we're in anyway. This whole year is nothing but a little R&D for Gettleman for the following season when he'll actually have flexibility to shape the team. In addition the Panthers had to have some inkling that Chud was interested in the Browns job before they made the GM hire, undoubtedly Gettlemen knew that this might be a possibility before accepting the position. Gettlemen is prepared to give Rivera a fair shake, which is fair after the strong finish. It's also fair to say that the firing of all those offensive position coaches was foreshadowing of Chud leaving. If Gettlemen can't fire Rivera this year he wants to do the next best thing which is to bring in his coordinators and limit Rivera's sphere of influence over them, especially on offense.

#59 kepickle

kepickle

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

I think Chud Leaving will help this team not hurt it & I support giving RIvera one more chances Besides our new GM has others things hunt for a New HC If Rivera Screws up Fire him Next yr

#60 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Wow, a kepickle sighting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.