Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera on his job

78 posts in this topic

Posted

I just dont get it.

Half the Rtards complaining about Chud leaving are some of the same Rtards who complained all year about the playcalling.

better the devil you know

1 person likes this

Posted

If i was Chico, I'd throw in the white flag and resign. Go to Cleveland to be DC.

He has nothing to prove in 2013.

Posted

This would be the best thing for the long-term future of this franchise. I'd be shocked if it happened.

If you think this has any chance of happening you know less about Richardson than I do and dont know anything.

Posted

If you think this has any chance of happening you know less about Richardson than I do and dont know anything.

Did you miss the part where I said I'd be shocked if it happened?

Posted

good lord, guys, there are scores of professional football junkies who can do just fine as panthers' OC given the panthers' tools. steel your spine. i seriously doubt there will be enough potential OC's who stay away from this job because it *might* be a one year thing that it will make a difference. not like that is unique in the NFL? even if shula is promoted (my personal worst case scenario) there will be plenty of ammunition for the panthers to be a playoff team. the sky is not falling, ffs.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's plenty of evidense that Rivera has turned the corner and is now a better choice becuase of the mistakes and challanges he's made in the last two years. I'm sure Jerry belives that and I do too.

Chud is a really good OC despite the pitfalls of last season and I hated to see him leave but we all thought he'd be gone last year. Every team goes through loosing coordinators. It's part of having quality people on your staff.

Can we still have a potent offense next year? Yes. Can it be even better than last year? Yes. Look at the tools on offensie that an OC has to work with. There are a lot of very potent weapons here. A OC is only one piece that leads to a high powered, great offense and just becaues we had to replace that one part doesn't mean the whole thing is going in the toilet.

My wish would be to stick with the same or very similar scheme that we run now because the Coryell system fits our personal. And I think we will. If we bring in an OC who's an expert in the West Coast Offense then I'll start getting nervous.

Posted

Cam Newton alone is enough reason for any OC to want to come here and jump start his path to a head coaching job. See: Rob Chudzinski

Posted

How is Shula unknown when he was an Offensivr Coord for Tampa in the 90s and a Head Coach for Alabama in the 2000s ? Just sayin

Posted

<<<<<--------- thinks we are doing a good job considering chud never wanted to stay and RR's learning curve as a HC.

*runs*

Posted

How is Shula unknown when he was an Offensivr Coord for Tampa in the 90s and a Head Coach for Alabama in the 2000s ? Just sayin

He sucked at both so they'd rather say "unknown" to imply there's a chance he's better now than "terrible track record," which is more accurate.

1 person likes this

Posted

I want someone who is gonna be here a while, this is getting ridiculous Cam keeps jump starting careers and getting people jobs........LOL. I want someone who is gonna be committed to helping the panthers win a Superbowl. Then they can leave. That might be Shula.

Posted

It's not the unknown people are wary about, but rather what is known.

During his tenure, TB's offense was at its best in '98 with an 18th ranked scoring offense. 30th in '96, 23rd in '97, and 27th in '99. When he left, it became a top 10 offense.

Alabama wasn't much of anything when he coached there.

The only success he's had was being a QB coach. He did well with Garrad in Jax a few years ago and he's done decently with Cam...although, even that can be up for discussion.

However, he's never had the talent as a O coordinator like he would here. He fits the system and would likely keep the status quo which should help with the stability factor.

I wouldn't be against his picking. But Rivera needs to keep his options open right now.