Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rayzor

Ernie Accorsi thoughts on Gettleman

38 posts in this topic

I have to believe this single move just changed the culture of this Org. Teamed with Rivera, I have faith this team is finally returning to our roots. Hire good football people and go about your budness. Still need a cap guy I guess. But that shouldn't be a tough find.

There is no reason not to believe the bright future we all envisioned cannot be reached.

IMO, the only two mistakes JR has made are, Letting Polian go, and keeping Hurney too long. This is not a mistake. This is a franchise changing hire. Too bad some are missing out on the excitement with their fear of the past.

But you said there was nothing wrong with our culture and your giddy was through the roof just a few weeks ago.

On the flipside, here are Pat Yasinskas' thoughts on Gettleman from a chat earlier today...

CJ (NC): With the hiring of Gettleman does he have a good history of picking players in the draft? We are going to need an extremely good draft class this year to make up for the many losses we are going to have?

PY: Gettleman has NO history of picking players in draft. He' been a pro personnel guy, not a college scout.

From Gettleman's bio, reposted in the Observer (link)

Scouting experience: Scouting intern for Buffalo Bills in 1986. Scout for Bills in 1987. Bills scout representative for BLESTO 1988-1993. Scout for Denver Broncos from 1994-98. Scout for New York Giants in 1998.

:blink:

On the flipside, here are Pat Yasinskas' thoughts on Gettleman from a chat earlier today...

What a joke. Well this is the guy who insisted it would be Beane for the job. I sense some bitterness.

Nice to see he's putting in a lot of effort and hard work on covering us :unsure:

Pat is a fuging moron. The current GM for the giants in his interview on the Mac Attack talked about Gettleman and his incredibly positive record on evaluating talent for their drafts.

It's even been reported that he was sent to scout high value players that they were eyeballing for the draft because his opinion was so valued.

PatY can suck it.

I read that, and I was like "Seriously?"

Is it really that much effort to just read the guy's bio?

Heck, I'd bet a good number of fans on here have read it and we're not even getting paid to talk about the Panthers.

yeah, that's just another case of yas talking out of his ass.

i guarantee you he has no idea what blesto is.

yeah, that's just another case of yas talking out of his ass.

i guarantee you he has no idea what blesto is.

I thought about starting a whole separate thread for that. Maybe I should have since this thread was meant to talk about Accorsi's thoughts from the team site article.

If someone else wants to, I won't mind.

But you said there was nothing wrong with our culture and your giddy was through the roof just a few weeks ago.

Do you have a point, or are you just being your usual snarky self?

With the improvement of this team under Rivera, and the firing of Hurndog, I was happy with our culture. Now with the hiring of an actual Qualified GM, I am giddy over our future. To bad you, and many others cannot appreciate these facts.

My giddy is soaring at the moment. JR went back to his roots and got a football guy to run his Org. Can't see why more people aren't excited over the possibilities. Too many still afraid of the past I guess.

I don't see how you can remember how I felt two weeks ago and still can't get my catchphrase right?

And GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!