Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Hue Jackson to be interviewed on monday.

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#76 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,956 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Silatolu never played any position all season except for left guard.

#77 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Wait, there is a left and a right guard?

I thought that just referred to whether the guy was right or left handed.

#78 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

He started the year next to Bell

Umm, no. He most certainly did not.

#79 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hangartner was right guard lol. I'm surprised Zod doesn't remember that

Hangartner was the starter at RG before being moved to C. However, in fairness, I was under the impression that we drafted Silatolu to play RG-the Panthers looked at him there some in camp. I doubt they move him back for 2 reasons: 1. They do not want to confuse him more than he already is, 2. he looked pretty good pulling.

A road grader who can pass protect would be great at RG.

Scream for Warmack in the first if you want, but last year, DeCastro went 24th after everyone predicted a possible top 10. In fact, since about 1998, when Peyton Manning entered the league, only 1 G has ever been taken in the top 16.

I think Warmack is a first rounder, but drop to get him if you can. If Warmack drops like DeCastro did, then Barrett Jones or Larry Warford (very underrated G out of KY) would most likely be there in the second round.

#80 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hangartner was the starter at RG before being moved to C. However, in fairness, I was under the impression that we drafted Silatolu to play RG-the Panthers looked at him there some in camp. I doubt they move him back for 2 reasons: 1. They do not want to confuse him more than he already is, 2. he looked pretty good pulling.

A road grader who can pass protect would be great at RG.

Scream for Warmack in the first if you want, but last year, DeCastro went 24th after everyone predicted a possible top 10. In fact, since about 1998, when Peyton Manning entered the league, only 1 G has ever been taken in the top 16.

I think Warmack is a first rounder, but drop to get him if you can. If Warmack drops like DeCastro did, then Barrett Jones or Larry Warford (very underrated G out of KY) would most likely be there in the second round.

Nope, Silatolu was drafted to be a left guard because his strength in college, where he played tackle, was pulling across the line on their run blocking scheme. Silatolu was never, under any circumstances, tried out or given snaps at right guard at all since he's been drafted.

#81 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Nope, Silatolu was drafted to be a left guard because his strength in college, where he played tackle, was pulling across the line on their run blocking scheme. Silatolu was never, under any circumstances, tried out or given snaps at right guard at all since he's been drafted.

Since I never saw him at RG, I stand corrected, but a friend at the August stadium practice told me that he was on both sides....Probably wrong because I never noticed it.. I remember Silatolu being very confused early on, so it would make no sense to shift him around. I also remember thinking, "Hangartner at RG? Really?" Since I was (mentally) projecting Hangartner to LG, maybe that is where I got that impression.

#82 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yep. This time last year DeCastro was the best prospect since Hutchinson and we would need to take him at 9 if we wanted any chance at him.

#83 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yep. This time last year DeCastro was the best prospect since Hutchinson and we would need to take him at 9 if we wanted any chance at him.

I really wanted DeCastro, but I wanted to trade back to about 21 (Bengals, I think) to take him. Looking back, I am happy with Kuechly

#84 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Honestly, I would be incredibly excited about Hue Jackson at OC. Hue would bring us back to a balanced, under-center attack that JStew could really flourish under.

Also, something I believe that Jackson would bring that Chud didn't: Jackson is a tough, in-your-face type of guy, Chud is the nerdy, in-the-booth-away-from-the-action type guy. I think our team really needs someone who can get after them.

#85 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Honestly, I would be incredibly excited about Hue Jackson at OC. Hue would bring us back to a balanced, under-center attack that JStew could really flourish under.

Also, something I believe that Jackson would bring that Chud didn't: Jackson is a tough, in-your-face type of guy, Chud is the nerdy, in-the-booth-away-from-the-action type guy. I think our team really needs someone who can get after them.

If so bring him on bc Rivera isn't like that either

I also like to mention Whisenhunt can potentially take over mid-season if Rivera is failing

#86 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

If so bring him on bc Rivera isn't like that either

I also like to mention Whisenhunt can potentially take over mid-season if Rivera is failing

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind Whisenhunt either. If I was Gettleman, I would tell both Rivera and Whisenhunt that this season is an audition for both of them, and if it doesn't go well, then Whisenhunt will be the head coach of the Panthers in 2014.

#87 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yeah that's why I said earlier that Hue having some attitude was a good thing. Look at Chud, do you think he could motivate you to do anything? And running the ball again will help our team tremendously so that's why I hope he signs today.

#88 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,200 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

when was the last time chud was actually on the field? i wonder if he's planning on separating himself from the team in cleveland as well.

re:jackson, i love the attitude and fight in him. i love how he is on the sidelines. the team could use a motivator like that.

#89 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,180 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hope to see an update later today with a new thread saying "Hue Jackson Hired as OC."

#90 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I wants de huey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com