103 replies to this topic

#61 John Fox

John Fox

it is what it is

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

...l mean seriously, take away the 14 points that special teams gave the bronco's, most teams win with that advantage... fox go smoked... just like old times..

yeah ron sure is a late game genius am i right

#62 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sounds like Fox has been in the Rivera school of coaching. Coaching scared 101: Take a knee.

yeah i can tell you either aren't a panthers fan or you haven't followed the team for long because this game was vintage john fox.

it was basically panthers/cards from the 2008 playoffs but with a much better quarterback. champ bailey was left singled up all night with no safety help and getting roasted over and over again just like lucas on fitzgerald. it seemed like the broncos' defense didn't know who dennis pitta was.

all the fox polesmokers still hanging around on this board should take note.

#63 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,196 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

that db who looked like he was drowing in a pool lost it.

#64 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,864 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Can’t have this. You throw the INT, you man up and talk to the media. I am sure he will talk at post game press conference, but very unprofessional on Manning’s part that will be covered up. Manning declined to be interviewed? I don’t like that.— Pete Prisco (@PriscoCBS) January 13, 2013 Shocked Manning declined. He’s one of the best in the league dealing with the media— Pete Prisco (@PriscoCBS) January 13, 2013

lol

http://www.yardbarke...erview/12644878

#65 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,125 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

lol Skip Bayless is still befuddled at Fox's ineptitude on twitter

Skip Bayless@RealSkipBayless
I still can't believe what John Fox, then Rahim Moore, did to Peyton Manning, then what he did to himself in overtime.

Expand

I don't know I guess the only people who would believe he would do that only amounts to every single fuging panther fan that's been rooting for this team for at least the last 5 years

#66 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,864 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

CBS came into Sunday’s game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Denver Broncos with a clear story line in its mind: Peyton Manning is God, and all our cameras and announcers are here to worship him.
During the first quarter, viewers saw more close-ups of Manning’s right-hand glove than the one Johnnie Cochran made famous during the O.J. Simpson trial. And when Manning started to struggle in the second half and gave up a key fumble, analyst Dan Dierdorf told viewers during the replay and review, it wasn’t a fumble at all, it was an incompletion. Wrong again, Dan.
Ultimately, Manning’s right hand and right arm did prove to be the difference in the game, but not the way CBS had it figured. An interception in the first quarter gave the Ravens one touchdown, and another interception in overtime set up the field goal that allowed the Ravens to pull off one of the great upsets in playoff history with a 38-35 double-overtime victory over Manning and the heavily favored Broncos.
What an exhilarating and utterly exhausting experience it was watching the telecast. When the play on the field is that sublime, it seems almost meaningless to review the telecast. Really, as I write this immediately after the game, in my heart of hearts, I don’t care how many things CBS did wrong. I would not have missed a second of the telecast. I am so glad that I recorded the game for the sake of this review, because I will probably sit up all night watching it over and over and over until I pass out.
Look, the Manning worship on the part of CBS was excessive and maddening. But, in truth, the problem here is larger than CBS Sports. It’s our culture. Not only did the CBS pre-game show sing his praises to the point where he seemed unbeatable, when CBS went to commercials, there was Manning in the ads, selling Buicks. It was the same thing all day Saturday on the NFL Network. Manning is the kind of feel-good, comeback, good-guy story that’s easy to tell and sell.

more

http://www.baltimore...0,2049639.story

#67 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,125 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

ok Skip how many times are you going to mention The Golden Calf of Bristol in your tweets though

#68 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,619 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sounds like Fox has been in the Rivera school of coaching. Coaching scared 101: Take a knee.

other way around. rivera is fox 2.0 without a roided up OL.

#69 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,864 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

ok Skip how many times are you going to mention The Golden Calf of Bristol in your tweets though

You gotta agree, The Golden Calf of Bristol won a Playoff game without a biweek and a less talented football team.

#70 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,125 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

You gotta agree, The Golden Calf of Bristol won a Playoff game without a biweek and a less talented football team.

If the Steelers don't start that abysmal POS Legursky, Pittsburgh wins that game in a rout

#71 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Defense gives up 31 points. Huddle blames offense. The hell?

#72 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,201 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

lol

http://www.yardbarke...erview/12644878

If that was Cam

#73 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Even Woody Paige is ripping Fox a new one.

What did Fox choose to do?

He had Manning take a knee.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Even though Matt Prater had Charliebrowned a field-goal attempt earlier, scuffing the ground before he kicked the football, the Broncos could have gotten him into range again by picking up about 35 to 40 yards in the final half minute of regulation.

They had time and timeouts for six plays.

You don't want to go into overtime against anyone, but especially against a veteran team that had badly damaged the Broncos' defense four times in four quarters.

Anything can happen in overtime.

And the worst ultimately did.

It's one thing for Fox to order punts on fourth-and-1, or run out the clock at the end of a first half when he also had timeouts to spare. But it's entirely another to not take a legitimate crack at winning the game in regulation when you have Manning and those receivers and a kicker such as Prater.
Remember what happened to the Pittsburgh Steelers a year ago in a playoff game here? The Broncos, The Golden Calf of Bristol and Demaryius Thomas beat them on the first play in an extra period. (Thomas caught what should have been the winning touchdown pass in the fourth quarter Saturday.)

In the last playoff game in Denver the unusual occurred. Fox had to know better.

But he surrendered with 30 seconds to go. Manning looked less than in agreement when he took the snap, dropped to a knee, tossed the ball to the referee and departed the field as the clock expired.

Read more: Woody Paige: Conservative John Fox brings Broncos to their knees - The Denver Post http://www.denverpos...r#ixzz2HqUE5m2o
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Fox is not a good of a coach as everyone makes him out to be.

#74 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,453 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Nobody even mentions the fact that Champ Baily couldn't cover your grandmother anymore and Jack del Rio and the "vaunted" Denver defense wouldn't give him any safety help.

Much as most of you wanna bang on Fox and Manning, if your offense has to score 45 just to keep up, I'd say your defense has issues.

#75 DangerClose

DangerClose

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Eli is officially better than his brother.

And as I watched the game, I called every play on that 3 and out drive by the Broncos. I knew Fox was going to run it. We've seen it all before. And it was then I knew the Ravens were going to win.

However - Foxy got to the playoffs two straight years, once with Jesus Freak Superstar, and now with Manning. RR hasnt even sniffed a winning season......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com