Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

I Have Less Faith In Rivera After Today

147 posts in this topic

I never had faith in Rivera to begin with...'hope' would even be a strong word to use.

Did you think Harbaugh's coaching won that game? I do not. Even if you consider Kaepernick over Alex Smith, how hard was that decision after Cam and RG III proved to the NFL that a running, mobile, strong-armed QB was hard to stop?

The GM won that game. Picking Kaepernick, a Pistol QB out of Nevada, after 5 other QBs had been taken. He is 6'5" 235-very Cam-like--and as fast as Cam. His accuracy (as he showed last night) is probably better.

The GM brought in The Smith "brothas from a different motha" Aldon and Justin, Carlos Rogers, and Jim Harbaugh. They are good because they had a strong GM.

Rivera had two offseasons to draft guys or get them fom FA when they were available. And they were available. I know if RR wanted someone JR would find a way to go get him. Injuries aren't and excuse, division isn't an excuse. Too many excuses from you guys. Watch these other teams they play on a whole different level than 80% of our team.

I agree I don't see it either. I did not want RR to stay but at the same time he has a new GM and new OC, if the problems we have been having persist, it is clear the chageable factor is Ron. I accept the Panthers gave him one more year to find out, I hope he can pull it off.

I dont know about free agency...

I think that JR has always been the problem when talking about bringing in free agents. If not JR personally, then the Front Office in general.

I will give Rivera credit for getting more out of free agency than Fox ever could. Olsen and Tolbert both are better playmakers than anyone that was ever brought in under the Fox era.

Let's see if the philosophy changes any with the new General Manager.

1 person likes this

Jesus Christ, people, Rivera had four good players on defense. I wonder how he would do with Goldson, Bowman, Willis, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Whitner, Brooks and Rogers. We were playing James Dockery for crying out loud.

And Greg Roman didn't spend half his season trying to land a coaching gig like Chud.

The quoted part makes no sense. Can you elaborate? Most didn't even think he would get an interview this year & the only 1 he go was in Clevelnad after they didn't get Chip Kelly. What make you come to that statement?

Our offense lit up Green Bay too. Get a grip Huddle you are losing your F Ucking mind.

Why would you have faith in a coach that has not produced?

I recommend only having faith in those that have been successful.

Well, that sure makes that whole "faith" thing pretty easy.

Rivera had two offseasons to draft guys or get them fom FA when they were available. And they were available. I know if RR wanted someone JR would find a way to go get him. Injuries aren't and excuse, division isn't an excuse. Too many excuses from you guys. Watch these other teams they play on a whole different level than 80% of our team....

To your point, I don't get why so many other people scream "we have a worse roster" all of the time. It is part quality players (picking/signing the right guys) & part coaches putting players in winning positions & making them look a lot better (which ends up looking like they have a stacked roster). The 49rs had most of these players when they were 1 of the worst teams in the league too remember. Some of their guys were bengals & castoffs from other teams. Don't forget also that Cam Newton is a much better talent than Clausen, so he did have some benefits to his roster also.

Coaches need to be accountable for their records. When we are out of the playoff picture a little over half way thru the season again next year, I bet people's tunes will change.

The sad thing is, even with the Falcons hiring Coach Smith, you could see during his first year that he was a quality coach...a coach shouldn't need 3 years to 'learn' how to make game time decisions unless they have never even been a coordinator before...Rivera has been in the league for many, many years. This year it's time to put up or shut up...but it just delays being a playoff team when you can see it not working. Cleveland has done that for the past 4 years & we DO NOT want to be in the situation Cleveland has been in year after year.

If you don't have faith in Rivera that is perfectly fine. But to watch a couple of the elite teams in the NFL duke it out and decide that is the reason you do not have faith is silly. There are ~26 Teams in our position right now. Should we all have no faith because Harbaugh is a damn good coach?

This. What's even more funny about all the Rivera haters is that as soon as we start winning with him they will be singing his praises. Smh

You are partially right. I for 1 would be happily eating crow. I gave Rivera year 1 with no judgement, but year 2 there needed to be progression & there was regresssion.

You can defend him all you want, but it sets the team back at least 2 years by keeping the wrong guy...I think we kept the wrong guy this year.

IF next year we are in the playoffs, you will have been right...sadly, I doubt that will happen. We should be making play-off 'runs' vs. out of the running by game 8 of 16.

Personally, I find the "worst roster" argument kind of silly. Good coaches come in and take horrible rosters like ours to the playoffs all the time.

And one thing that Rivera does do very well is develop talent. I don't see him lasting two more years here, based on the other parts of his job that he doesn't do well, but when he does move on the next guy is going to inherit a roster that's stacked.

You are partially right. I for 1 would be happily eating crow. I gave Rivera year 1 with no judgement, but year 2 there needed to be progression & there was regresssion.

You can defend him all you want, but it sets the team back at least 2 years by keeping the wrong guy...I think we kept the wrong guy this year.

IF next year we are in the playoffs, you will have been right...sadly, I doubt that will happen. We should be making play-off 'runs' vs. out of the running by game 8 of 16.

Regardless of who the coach is our roster is in chaos right now. We need that to be sorted out before we set expectations for next season. Hurney and JR are responsible for our current roster situation. I'd give Rivera no more than 10% credit for roster. Hurney did pass on Jacoby Jones, Trindon Holliday, Carlos Rodgers, Geoff Schwartz, and numerous other guys that contributed elsewhere. He also signed dead money Mare. Although Rivera could be blamed for that as well. Point is, if we don't have a very good roster it's asinine to expect playoffs.

I'm curious... Does everyone on the "blame Hurney" bandwagon think its a coincidence that we went out and got guys like Nanee and Tolbert?