Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Have Less Faith In Rivera After Today

147 posts in this topic

Posted

Rivera still has some things he needs to fix, there is NO WAY Nakamura should be a starter next year. If he is Rivera is just asking to be fired.

Posted

Maybe you don't mean it to come across this way, but it sounds like your definition of ignorant is anyone who doesn't agree with you. :-)

Posted

Maybe you don't mean it to come across this way, but it sounds like your definition of ignorant is anyone who doesn't agree with you. :-)

don't argue with a "prophet".

Posted

No, ignorance is defined by people making statements they don't actually know anything about. If someone says Rivera needs to be fired I won't argue with their opinion; but if someone says Rivera is dogshit and the reason we lost so many games and that Harbaugh is vastly superior I'm going to call them out on it.

Posted

i think you think you're smarter than you actually are. arrogance is running rampant.

Posted

So you concede that Harbaugh and many, many, many other successful coaches have won a lot more than Ribera has in their first two years, but that doesn't make them better than he is. That sum it up?

Posted

Personally, seeing these teams play make me feel Rivera will never have our team playing like that

That San Fran game just made me depressed again

If I'm proven wrong, then I'm wrong, I'll eat crew wateva... but at the moment I just don't see it

Nah, we could've definitely played like GB did in that game. And watching the Seahawks poo the bed against the Falcons looked JUST like us.

Posted

Schematic advantages. Belichick's spread offense, particularly the bunch formations and barely legal pick routes. Dick LeBeau's zone blitzes. McCarthy's hybrid West Coast offense.

Harbaugh's specialty is single read routes out of multiple formations, which seems more complex than it is. But if you have the defensive players that can stick with their assignments the play is absolutely dead on arrival, because the progression is very limited. If the play is designed to isolate Vernon Davis and he doesn't get open, the play is dead. This is probably the biggest reason Harbaugh went with Kaepernick, to at least add the possibility he can escape the pass rush if the play is otherwise null. Our offense is rocket science in comparison.

Belichick doesn't have an offense. Brady and McDaniels do.

Posted

No, ignorance is defined by people making statements they don't actually know anything about. If someone says Rivera needs to be fired I won't argue with their opinion; but if someone says Rivera is dogshit and the reason we lost so many games and that Harbaugh is vastly superior I'm going to call them out on it.

This I agree with, the huddle is jam packed with armchair coaches who don't know a thing about the game they debate 16 hours a day.

Posted

Can you prove he isn't?

Posted

The excuses made for Rivera make me sick. There are no excuses.

He should have, and will be fired. You'll all just wish it happened sooner.

Posted

Belichick doesn't have an offense. Brady and McDaniels do.

The offensive coordinators have changed multiple times over the years and the offense has remained the same.