Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nctarheel0619

Parity?

21 posts in this topic

Negative. 3 out of the 4 teams from last years championship games are in the championship games this year.

The reason for that is those teams aren't drafting so to make the playoffs the following year like the panthers do every year. They draft to add depth. So it's hard to de-throne them. They have plenty of time to be patient and scout well. Unlike the panthers that goes for the first Mel Kiper hype every year that end up busting. Plus those organizations with their coaches understood early on what the most important positions were: OFFENSIVE LIVE and QUARTERBACK. It doesn't matter what order they come: JUST GET IT DONE.

Those teams don't try to fix everything in one draft. They fix major weakness all in one draft. I remember NE a draft or two ago went all out on defense. Now look at their defense. Mediocre coachs/GMs, like Rivera, draft one position each every year and never get anywhere.

If Belichick were hired to coach this team you'd imagine the first thing he'd do is draft all O Line this year and have them compete in camp to stabilize the offense. With the Depth, the following year he'd look at the WR core. In 2 years we'd have a top 5 offense. Not the gimmicky top 5 offense where the QB is running and throwing the ball incessantly because they're playing from behind.

It's not rocket science. Some of those coaches/GMs are dumb ex-players that got hit too much in the head. They are stuck in their old ideology. They can't see the bigger picture. They all believe all they need to do is "run the ball" so they can keep their job.

It took those morons over 100 years to figure the read option could be as effective as the play-action-pass. A very similar play, where instead of throwing it in a play-action-pass the QB run it instead. Pretty much it's a play-action-run. You notice that simple little 'innovation' was figured out in an academic institution while the simpletons in the NFL proclaimed it could never work in their 'sophisticated' league.

Remember how dumb those jocks were in high school? Yep! They're the ones managing your organization for you. You think Rivera was a smart thinker in HS? Lol

The teams that tried to buy a championship are sitting at home. The teams that know how to play the draft are playing next weekend.

With the salary cap you can't buy wins anymore because you will lack in other areas.

We are an example, sad to say.

From year to year you can't expect that much parity. Over a 5-10 year stretch it's pretty damn good. The bottom dwellers of the AFC screw everything up though. Who would have thought IND, CIN, MIN, WAS and SEA would have made the playoffs this year?

I can't wait for the Pats to crash and burn after Brady retires.

They won't crash and burn. Brady doesn't make the team. Put any average player behind that O Line and ask them to make a bunch of quick passes and they will succeed. Remember Mall Cassell? Brady is no elite talent. Brady is no Cam or Kaepernick. Brady is no game changer. Just lock the receivers down and Brady is meaningless. Put things in perspective people.

They won't crash and burn. Brady doesn't make the team. Put any average player behind that O Line and ask them to make a bunch of quick passes and they will succeed. Remember Mall Cassell? Brady is no elite talent. Brady is no Cam or Kaepernick. Brady is no game changer. Just lock the receivers down and Brady is meaningless. Put things in perspective people.

Brady is no elite talent? Are you fuging high?

The parity myth is one that I have never bought in to. Good organizations will win consistently, bad ones will lose consistently, mediocre ones (like ours) will be up some, down some, but mostly in the middle. It is like that in every sport and the NFL is no different.

Brady is no elite talent? Are you fuging high?

What are really his talent? What did he do that Cassell didn't? He is a great system QB. Brady doesn't buy time for his receivers. Doesn't pick up first downs when no one's open. What does he do that doesn't require his receivers to put in the same effort? Does he facilitate his receivers to be a little average in route running? Brady's won those superbowls because he faced other QBs that are similar to him talent wise and clutch field goals. Wait till he faces playmaker like Kaepernick in the superbowl who doesn't get off the field because he is buying time and pick up first downs when no one's open. In the mean time, create a list of excuses for him the day after the superbowl.

Please wake me up when brady is not cursing out his OL for giving up one sack.

What are really his talent? What did he do that Cassell didn't? He is a great system QB. Brady doesn't buy time for his receivers. Doesn't pick up first downs when no one's open. What does he do that doesn't require his receivers to put in the same effort? Does he facilitate his receivers to be a little average in route running? Brady's won those superbowls because he faced other QBs that are similar to him talent wise and clutch field goals. Wait till he faces playmaker like Kaepernick in the superbowl who doesn't get off the field because he is buying time and pick up first downs when no one's open. In the mean time, create a list of excuses for him the day after the superbowl.

Please wake me up when brady is not cursing out his OL for giving up one sack.

At this point Kaep has 1 playoff win. Brady has 17... the most ever. Wake me up when Kaep even approaches those numbers.

Dammit, I hate defending brady... but that shiat is absurd.

At this point Kaep has 1 playoff win. Brady has 17... the most ever. Wake me up when Kaep even approaches those numbers.

Dammit, I hate defending brady... but that shiat is absurd.

Wake me up when Cam and Kaepernick play over 10 years in the League. Brady might have been great for his time when there weren't play makers like Cam & Kaep. I believe there will be a new standard. And those rushing yards will need to be included in the evaluation of the QB. Cam racked up over 4500 yards in total offense and people call it a slump just because 740 over it are rushing.

I do admit Brady(with Vinetari's support) has been successful, but it might be for his time. If Brady is great so is Vinetari because he was part of those superbowls too. It's only fair.

The teams that tried to buy a championship are sitting at home. The teams that know how to play the draft are playing next weekend.

Except you know half of the teams playing this weekend have been relevant players in free agency over the years

• Topics

• You don't see white people glorifying thug life and blaming the police when they get caught. I had a juvi tell me straight up that he believed he was a man now cause he shot somebody. Tell me what's the problem with that. Clearly it's the police? Right??
    • And I've been in jails were there were literally no black people in them, violent or otherwise. Crime in general is a problem in poor communities and the black community is disproportionately poor, its not because black people or the culture is inherently violent. Regardless this is a separate issue and had nothing to do with police violence, unless you feel that violence against the poor is justified regardless of cause because poor people commit violent crimes and shouldn't be afforded equal protectiom
    • Coming from the guy pushing Seth Rich conspiracies because he saw it on a message board