Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton needs to quit this BS

93 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1358141297' post='2095833']
Your ignorance doesn't make for a strong arguement. Brady celebrates 1st downs all the time.
[/quote]

Your spelling is bad and so is your logic. You didn't even present a counter to anything that post said, but you call it ignorant. Care to enlighten?

Posted · Report post

Feel like I should put my two cents in this argument....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Vagrant' timestamp='1358141533' post='2095838']

Your spelling is bad and so is your logic. You didn't even present a counter to anything that post said, but you call it ignorant. Care to enlighten?
[/quote]
I went after your arguement and you come after my spelling. Sounds like you have a strong leg to stand on. You are ignorant to Tom Brady's behavior. Your arguement is soley based on what you do not know and that is not much af an arguement at all.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1358142082' post='2095844']
I went after your arguement and you come after my spelling. Sounds like you have a strong leg to stand on. You are ignorant to Tom Brady's behavior. Your arguement is soley based on what you do not know and that is not much af an arguement at all.
[/quote]

I actually came after your lack of any cogent thought being put into your post. You must be a real hit on the debate team. Counter: you're ignorant. Case closed. But you're making baby steps. I have to give it to you. You almost made a point when you mentioned that I don't know or have any evidence for what Brady does after every first down, a fact which I readily admitted earlier. If you keep striking out at it you may eventually stumble across something close to a point.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1358136694' post='2095754']

And Kaepernick has half a season of impressive starts on an enormously talented roster, so I guess that gives him the right to spike the football at a defender correct?
[/quote]

No. Not at all the same thing... It's immature what cam does and it's immature for kaep to spike the ball at a ref. the difference is his team is in the NFC championship game next week

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Vagrant' timestamp='1358142352' post='2095846']

I actually came after your lack of any cogent thought being put into your post. You must be a real hit on the debate team. Counter: you're ignorant. Case closed. But you're making baby steps. I have to give it to you. You almost made a point when you mentioned that I don't know or have any evidence for what Brady does after every first down, a fact which I readily admitted earlier. If you keep striking out at it you may eventually stumble across something close to a point.
[/quote]
We should really see other people. You did attack my spelling. "Your ignorance" is correct. It shows you possess ignorance. You are ignorant is also correct, there is no internet bro code against typing out contractions long form. In fact there is no internet bro code on forum typing at all. Get over yourself, it's just the internet.

Posted · Report post

The one arguement I haven't seen and it's probably the most valid. Brady's celebration is very old school fired up, fist pump style. Cam's first down celebration is new and cute. Kind of gloaty. At the end of the day they are the exact same thing but I could see different generations percieving them differently.

Posted · Report post

cam is the best football player ive ever seen. brady is a knob. cam gets called out for showing some swag after showing off his ridiculous athletesism. tom brady has people on a carolina forum call out cam for his immature nature all the while saying brady doesnt do things like that, on a day that he did it on national tv. difference being, cam looks like a confident stud celebrating 1sts, and when brady does it, he becomes the poster child for somebody thats just too damn white to have swag.

Posted · Report post

Maybe I have a short memory... but I don't remember Cam ever celebrating touchdowns/first downs in garbage time or when we were getting blown out. Maybe that's because we were literally in every single game except two. Yeah, there was the Giants game, but as it has been pointed out many times before at that point in the game it wasn't really a blowout and plenty of time left for a comeback.

Besides, he's a highly competitive athlete who obviously takes a lot of pride in what he does, why do people really give a fug if he celebrates?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Vagrant' timestamp='1358134672' post='2095691']
He's comparing Tom Brady making an important first down in a playoff game and then celebrating to Cam Newton celebrating every first down he makes, regardless of regular season wins and losses or the score of the game.
[/quote]

Important first down? It's just a first down. They are up 28-7. Hardly "important". Unless you want to say EVERY 1st down is important, then sure.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KendrickPanther' timestamp='1358143206' post='2095855']
We should really see other people. You did attack my spelling. "Your ignorance" is correct. It shows you possess ignorance. You are ignorant is also correct, there is no internet bro code against typing out contractions long form. In fact there is no internet bro code on forum typing at all. Get over yourself, it's just the internet.
[/quote]

I didn't say you spelled "your" wrong. I never implied that. Your spelling of argument is what caused the bad spelling joke.... which is exactly what it was. I was an English major as an undergrad and was always instructed to communicate clearly regardless of the social forum. It helps you avoid bad habits if you have to do any kind of work that involves sending professional correspondence. Anybody so inclined could correct internet posts, but the true irony was in the fact that you were chiding me for my ignorance while making a slew of typographical errors.

My post was more in reference to the fact that you quoted a decent sized post of mine, refuted nothing, and called me ignorant. That's pretty weak.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lightsout' timestamp='1358143972' post='2095868']
Important first down? It's just a first down. They are up 28-7. Hardly "important". Unless you want to say EVERY 1st down is important, then sure.
[/quote]

We as a fanbase should know better than anyone that a 21 point lead isn't exactly insurmountable. And if you're on the right side of that number, you need to keep your foot on the gas. Converting on 3rd and long probably went a good way towards icing that game.

Granted, I don't think he should have done it. It was just a first down.... I am hardly a Brady fan boy, but he does have enough rings to celebrate what he feels is worthy of celebration.