#1 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I decided to post some of my favorite later round prospects just to discuss some different names for once. I'll start with Eastern Washington University wide out Brandon Kaufman. I have a friend that attends EWU and he raved to me about Kaufman all season long, and I was definitely wrong when I thought he was just being a homer.

If you missed out on Brandon Kaufmans performance in the playoffs this season, here are the Madden-like numbers from the few games he played.

In three playoff games, Kaufman averaged 193+ receiving yards/game versus Wagner, Illinois State, and Sam Houston State. Here were his game logs:

vs. Wagner - 10 rec, 174 yds, 0 TD, 47 long
vs. Illinois St. - 9 rec, 191 yds, 3 TD, 76 long
vs. Sam Houston St. - 9 rec, 215 yds, 3 TD, 60 long

Kaufman is listed at 6'5", 215 lbs. He finished the season with 93 catches, 1,850 yards, and 16 TD's.

I nailed the TY Hilton prediction last season for my sleeper pick, and I think Kaufman could be another star with a good QB.

#2 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

I am a senior reporter for "The Easterner" at Eastern Washington University and covered the Eagles' 2012 football season in which they made the final four teams in the FCS playoffs but unfortunately lost to eventual runner-up Sam Houston State. I had an up close look at junior WR Brandon Kaufman, who broke the all-time FCS record for yards in a single season, finishing with 1850 yards and 16 TD on 93 receptions.

In three playoff games, Kaufman averaged 193+ receiving yards/game versus Wagner, Illinois State, and Sam Houston State. Here were his game logs:

vs. Wagner - 10 rec, 174 yds, 0 TD, 47 long
vs. Illinois St. - 9 rec, 191 yds, 3 TD, 76 long
vs. Sam Houston St. - 9 rec, 215 yds, 3 TD, 60 long

Kaufman is listed at 6'5", 215 lbs. Here is his EWU athletics page.

Some playoff highlights:

(vs. Sam Houston St.)
22 yd TD catch, breaking all-time single-season FCS receiving record
43 yd TD catch, wrestles ball away from defender in EZ
60 yd catch, gets a 8-yard slant and breaks about 6 tackles. Serious HEART.
33 yd TD catch, gets between the CB and S

(vs. Illinois St.)
47 yard TD catch, Kaufman beats CB and S deep
76 yard TD catch, pulls a Randy Moss on his defender, then beats him to the EZ

(vs. Wagner)
45 yard catch, another quick slant that he turns into big yardage
47 yard catch, initially looks like a drop but great concentration and he hauls it in
3 yard 2 pt conv., quick slant, leaves defender in dust

Versus Idaho and WSU in 2012, Kaufman totaled 5/148/0 and 5/142/2, respectively. Here are some highlights vs. Idaho.

Here is a catch where Kaufman kicks it to himself in the endzone for a TD. Friggin' ridiculous.

I've interviewed Brandon a few times and I always come away impressed. He is extremely soft-spoken and humble, effusively praising others as opposed to himself. In the playoffs, when asked how he was able to be so dominant, he talked about the seniors and how he was digging deep within himself to leave absolutely everything on the field for them. Motivation for BK is not an issue. Character for BK is not an issue.

He is an above average run blocker, walls off defenders with ease and occasionally will drive his defenders. Could use some bulking up, and I don't think he'd lose his long speed. Once he gets the ball in his hands he is extremely difficult to take down.

Has a little bit of an injury history; played only four games in 2011 before breaking a metacarpal in his left hand. Also, had surgery shortly thereafter on his knee to repair nagging injury from 2010 season. In 2011 season opener @ UW, Kaufman totaled 10 receptions for 140 yards.

Kaufman has decided to forego his senior year at EWU and declare for the 2013 NFL draft. Via JoshBDraft, Kaufman was not given a top three round grade.

I think he's a 4th-5th round pick right now that could move up slightly if he tests well at the combine. He is faster than he is quick but still does have good short range speed.

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=510480

Is this your scouting friend. Saw this posted on another web site. Sorry man, he has already been introduced to the world, your late.

#3 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

What round is he projected to go? He could be a good one to go with if we skip receiver in the 2nd

#4 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

http://www.footballs...ic.php?t=510480

Is this your scouting friend. Saw this posted on another web site. Sorry man, he has already been introduced to the world, your late.

I've been a member of FF for almost a decade and GBPACKMAN is a good friend and one of my favorite posters.

I'm introducing him to this website, why do you have to take it so literal?

Does anyone like talking about prospects anymore? Any time I post something somebody just tries to come with something to knock my post.

#5 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

What round is he projected to go? He could be a good one to go with if we skip receiver in the 2nd

He had a nagging injury and he's from a small school, so like 4-6.

#6 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I've been a member of FF for almost a decade and GBPACKMAN is a good friend and one of my favorite posters.

Does anyone like talking about prospects anymore? Any time I post something somebody just tries to come with something to knock my post.

It is because you constantly try to discredit others. You never use any respect or subtlety when you disagree with another poster. If you would try to not be horrible to other people, I am sure people will stop trying to "knock your post."

#7 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

My bad, only reason I posted it was because when you post information about a prospect on here, you act like your discovering the guy and taking credit for them being good players. Thats just how it comes off. And being a hard core draft fan and college football fan myself, ive heard about all the prospects you created threads on, so your not introducing them to the world.

As for Kaufman, I dont know too much about him other than reading that thread about him on FF. Seems intriguing but I like Aaron Dobson, Chris Harper, Marques Wilson, Corey Fuller and a few others as later round WR's we should target if we dont go WR early in the draft.

#8 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

The turf at EWU hurts my eyes. Sucks that he's white, everyone knows white guys can't dance so why would we take someone who can't even do a proper touchdown dance?

Posted Image

In all seriousness though, I'd seen him before and really like his combo of size and hands. Good 4th-5th round prospect.

#9 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

He had a nagging injury and he's from a small school, so like 4-6.

so assuming we dont trade down we could go williams/fluker/motta/kaufman for rounds 1-5?

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,272 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Wagner college? Illinois St? Sam Houston?

Lol

#11 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

we will see. alot of small school guys can ball man. ask jimmy smith and jerry rice. ^^^^

#12 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,576 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

for a guy that size, he does not seem all that physical. love his size tho.

#13 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I'm wondering if he could be a potential TE if he adds some weight.

#14 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Just wait 3 more years. Sean Price from App will be better than him. Price broke Randy Moss' Freshman receiving record this year

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

OH WOW! You found another gem!

I wanted Hilton also! I also wanted Geno Atkins!

When you're making 100 threads about 100 prospects, you're chances of hitting one of them is prettty damn high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com