Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Getting weird in Philly too

23 posts in this topic

Mind you, we shouldn't minimize how weird things are up in New York, especially not after the news that Dave Caldwell turned down a package that included a million dollar a year (yes, per year) housing allowance and chose instead to be the GM of...the Jaguars :unsure:

I am really surprised they fired Lovie. I mean the guy went 10-6 in the toughest division in football. Most years that makes you a playoff team. It is not his fault there were so many good teams in the NFC this year.

I am with you on 50% of this post. NFC north is not the toughest division in football. NFC South sir.

Related note: Philadelphia Daily News reporter Marcus Hayes confirms the Eagles are one of the teams that contacted Bill Cowher. Cowher, Hayes says, "politely declined".

I am with you on 50% of this post. NFC north is not the toughest division in football. NFC South sir.

While I'd love to agree with you,

13-3

7-9

7-9

7-9

Not this year.

While I'd love to agree with you,

13-3

7-9

7-9

7-9

Not this year.

It's weird all four teams went 3-3 in the division.

The NFC South is 3rd behind the NFC West and NFC North according the Sagarin rankings.

Part of me wonders if some of the skepticism people have about the youth of Marc Ross can be traced back to Roseman. Ross is only 39. Roseman is 37 but got the GM job at 35, making him the league's youngest general manager. Now he's being called "drunk with power".

Roseman is probably also a cautionary tale for those considering putting someone with no scouting background in charge of evaluating personnel. What you see happening Philly is probably just a fraction of how bad it would've been if, as was erroneously reported to be an option, the team had promoted Brandon Beane to the permanent GM role.

Well the Eagles aren't the only ones with egg on their face. The Bears are looking rather foolish as well.

2 of the better organizations to screw the pooch deserve what they get. Same with Washington trading away the next 2 drafts to get a promising QB and turning him into Sir Limps-A-Lot.

Part of me wonders if some of the skepticism people have about the youth of Marc Ross can be traced back to Roseman. Ross is only 39. Roseman is 37 but got the GM job at 35, making him the league's youngest general manager. Now he's being called "drunk with power".

Roseman is probably also a cautionary tale for those considering putting someone with no scouting background in charge of evaluating personnel. What you see happening Philly is probably just a fraction of how bad it would've been if, as was erroneously reported to be an option, the team had promoted Brandon Beane to the permanent GM role.

It would be a disservice to Ross if a Roseman comparison was the issue. As far as age and career path thus far, I think he compares more favorably to Telesco. Another issue with Ross and this yer's jobs was that there wasn't a real job to be won. All the openings either were a mess or seemed to have a prohibitive favorite right off the bat.

It would be a disservice to Ross if a Roseman comparison was the issue. As far as age and career path thus far, I think he compares more favorably to Telesco. Another issue with Ross and this yer's jobs was that there wasn't a real job to be won. All the openings either were a mess or seemed to have a prohibitive favorite right off the bat.

Which one were we? :lol:

I'm actually just spitballing on that, trying to figure some reason why Ross is a perennial bridesmaid. He's got a bona fide scouting background. Roseman has nothing of the sort.