• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#91 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Did I miss something during the presser ? On NFL.com they said Dave Gettleman laughed about our cap situation. I didn't see what that writer saw.

#92 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I haven't read through the thread, but has anyone gave it to JR yet for potshotting the media during the intro? Wow, low blow.

#93 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I haven't read through the thread, but has anyone gave it to JR yet for potshotting the media during the intro? Wow, low blow.

they've done it to him. they deserve much worse than what JR threw at them.

#94 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

One important factor to me: He stated that the evaluation and roster decision process has to be "unemotional" and "not sentimental".

Welcome words.

Agreed... This is the BEST part! The guy is objective and accepts reality... If nothing else those statements alone give us great hope for the future!

#95 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

they've done it to him. they deserve much worse than what JR threw at them.

I'm not taking sides, I'm just saying it doesn't seem like the ideal time to strike back, lol.

#96 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

He seems like a very down to earth guy with a good sense of humor.

I love the fact that we finally have a GM with a significant background in player evaluation... he said when it comes right down to it he'll pick up the clicker and watch film to aid in decision making.

#97 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Like what I see/hear. I just hope he is given full autonomy as the decision maker in regards to the personnel.

#98 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Did you miss me guys?

Silence.

Did you miss me?

Muffled laughs.

Tom, did you miss me?

Muffled laugh from Tom.

Tom......did you miss me?

Awkward.

#99 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just think back to how the Giants handled Osi Unmenyuria. He begged for a big deal and they told him to play or watch JPP.

yes--great example. Gettlemen (in my opinion) made a few comments that were directed at hurney's style of managment. He mentioned the word "objective" when evaluating personnel. I think Marty because disoriented by loyalty to players which caused him to pay them for past performance.

I bet he throws up when he looks at the contracts in the books.

Hardy could be his first test.

#100 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Gettleman seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder from having been passed over for gm consideration in years past.

I like that chip.

#101 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Wow, he even teared up talking about his deceased mother-in-law. This dude is awesome.

#102 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Did you miss me guys?

Silence.

Did you miss me?

Muffled laughs.

Tom, did you miss me?

Muffled laugh from Tom.

Tom......did you miss me?

Awkward.

Say what you want about JR but hes got giant balls and doesnt give a frig what the media thinks.

#103 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Say what you want about JR but hes got giant balls and doesnt give a frig what the media thinks.

He is definitely comfy in his own skin, lol.

*sh*ts on Tom*

"Okay, so let's start this thing."

#104 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

True but thats not a good thing for the local community and media outlets. Dude gives them ZERO respect because he knows he has us all by the balls. He dosent have to be a dick, he just chooses to do be one. JR could be a lil more visible to the fans and not come off the way he does but he treats everyone like they are beneath him... Its in our best interest that he has a good relationship with the media outlets, too bad he has them all shaking in their boots... The media guys are just trying to do their jobs, give them the common respect they deserve... Hell, they never bust his balls with the tough questions we want, so why be such an asshole?

...and why the hell do so many fans refer to him as Mr. Richardson? Everyone kissing is ass is part of the problem. His damn name is Jerry... I listen to a lot of Sirius NFL, Mad Dog and other national radio outlets in addition to WFNZ and other fan bases dont bow down to their owner the way we do, why is that?

#105 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

If he didn't care what they think, why did he apparently obsess over some article "Tom" wrote and talked about it first thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.