Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lying Liars and the People They Lie To

22 posts in this topic

Posted

So in the light of the Manti Te'o debacle, I'm wondering how many people on here have a story of someone in their past who attempted to perpetrate a colossal deception and failed...or succeeded.

Have you ever known a big fat liar? If so, what did they lie about?

Posted

I use to hang out at this bar in Charlotte and tell people I played for the Panthers and I made 25 G on that deal...

sound familiar?

Posted

My drug addict cousin is a professional liar. Best I've ever seen. It's remarkable.

Posted

If you know fishermen and golfers, you likely know liars :lol:

Posted

Ex wife was/ is an all pro liar

I got divorced from her close to 30 years ago - havent seen nor talked to her since - from time to time I still have her creditors call me looking for her

Posted

A golfer that's a liar is a low down dirty scumbag. What's the point in it if you have to lie about it?

I've known some compulsive liars. Sad.

Posted

This guy literally made a career out of lying... among other things, he claims to have been swallowed by a whale.800px-Pinocchio_1940.jpg

Posted

The lying about your golf score really bothers me once they are bragging about their score.

Posted

I was once married into a family of golf fanatics.

My former father-in-law used to lie on family golf outings.

Posted

Liars..

Posted

Biggest one I ever knew was a lady I worked with on a prior job.

Anytime someone had a major illness or a death in the family, she'd go around the entire office - I'd estimate about two to three hundred employees - and take up a collection for them. I generally contributed something myself, depending on how much I had in my pocket (like a lot of folks, I hardly ever carry cash these days).

Heard one day that she had been fired, and shortly thereafter learned that all that money she had collected never actually made it to the people it was supposedly for. She was keeping it herself :unsure:

That wasn't the reason she was fired though. She had been let go because she kept going out on funeral leave, and apparently one of her "family members" died a couple of times :blink:

Given that record, it wouldn't surprise me if she turned out to be Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

Posted

Military liars are the worst.

There was a fat and lazy guy in my section and he always told the tallest tales.

He was called out during one of his rants. Another guy in the room said "That's MY story, you must have heard me tell it."