Photo
- - - - -

Game 1: Carolina Hurricanes (0-0) @ Florida Panthers (0-0)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,757 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Who would have thought Dwyer would have the first goal of the season for the Canes.

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,757 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Carolina pro sports teams blow...

Canes
Panthers
Bobcats

All f*cking suck, this is embarrassing .

#48 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

We need to mix up our front 6. Load up, fug it. Staal - Staal - Skinner. We need goals and we need them now.

#49 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

This team looks like it's been eating doritos all off season or the Canadian/Russian/Finnish/Slovakian equal there of. They can't handle the puck, and they're their not physical at the point of attack. But at least after the first period we've won some faceoffs and been playing even hockey. Anywho, they need to get their poo together quick.

#50 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

This reminds me of the Panthers vs Eagles game in 2009 when Delhomme shits the bed and reality comes down on everyone that it is going to be a long year. Ward has regressed over the years and we are going to be screwed when his ability goes down to zero. We have no heir apparent to Ward. We didn't make enough moves to improve in the offseason and this is the end result.

#51 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Carolina pro sports teams blow...

Canes
Panthers
Bobcats

All f*cking suck, this is embarrassing .

There must be something in the water here to make all the owners lay back and not give a poo about how their teams are performing. They're all about keeping families and friends together than winning.

#52 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I've kind of thought that Ward has been recently overrated as well. He helped bring us the Cup so that bought him some "ok he can have a few shitty years" acceptance from the fans. But it's time to find a consistent goal tender. Also if you breathe on our players hard enough they lose the puck out of the offensive zone.

Not only that, Florida just looked much bigger physically. Maybe the Canes should take the Gettlemen approach....bigger is better.

#53 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,557 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Dan Ellis is 32 years old. He should not be on the team. We should have a young backup that is up and coming that can eventually take over the starting spot within a year or 2 at most. The team is too confident in Ward when his abilities are obviously diminishing.

#54 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Dan Ellis is 32 years old. He should not be on the team. We should have a young backup that is up and coming that can eventually take over the starting spot within a year or 2 at most. The team is too confident in Ward when his abilities are obviously diminishing.

I do agree, but also II don't really think the rest of the team helped him out too much. They didn't take away angles properly, and we had zero puck possession. Alex Kovalev could have started a business behind our net. I saw our players skating into eachother....just really unorganized. I really wish we would have hung on to Laviolette.

#55 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Fell asleep on the couch near the end of Penguins/Flyers, and I am greatful I slept 7 hours so I didn't have to see this nightmare of a game.

#56 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Who was the young guy we had behind Ward not so long ago? Seemed a little promising and I sensed a controversy brewing there for a minute... I can't remember his name.

Anyway, yeah, even in my limited watching of us, the biggest thing that stood out to me was the lack of puck handling and poor passing. Just horrible. I didn't see any teams that looked that bad in those areas anywhere else yesterday. Also, really didn't see much from the Staals at all. I really hope we get it together and at least make the playoffs.

#57 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

hey guys want to hear a joke?

carolina sports

#58 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Ward has regressed over the years and we are going to be screwed when his ability goes down to zero.

I watched that game last night. He woulda had to gone up to get to zero.

#59 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I still think we'll be alright. I think the lockout may have effected us more then other teams considering we have such an influx of new players. I know it's a short year, but they still need a couple of games to develop some chemistry and get in game shape. I think we're going to perform better the next game.

#60 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,757 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I don't even want it to be #Time anymore if we are just going to play like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com