#106 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

How much money do you want to put on that?

I say he doesn't get picked in the top 20.

Would you have put money on AJ Jenkins going in the first round last season?

Like I said in a previous post, his size and speed will force someone to take him in the first round.

I'd put your wallet away.

#107 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

How much you got? No way Patterson gets past Buffalo, Miami, and us. And that's not even bringing potential trade-ups into the discussion.

#108 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

It seems like everyone that didn't think we needed a WR last year still doesn't this year. I stiil remember the Lafell is going to be a beast argument, the Cam is soo good he will make average receivers better argument...well here we are a year later and same questions. I'm not saying we definitely need someone in round 1(IF th players are there I would like an olineman and a WR in first 2rds) but we need to stop acting like guys we added in the 5th or 6th rd are the answer. If we grab a beast WR this year and then someone on the roster blows up too, that is a good thing not a wasted pick. Rivera has shown he can put a defense together with duct tape and toothpicks...protecting and developing Cam(legit receivers) should be the highest priority on this team. Rivera is a defensive wizard, that's his strongpoint. Lets face it on offense we are going to have to out talent/execute other teams.

#109 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Personally, I'd prefer we address the #1 WR spot by trading for an established player the way the Bears did with Brandon Marshall, but if we're going to draft one I'd like it to be Patterson or Williams.

#110 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm for Patterson or Allen with our 1st pick. We have got to get some playmakers, or as Gettleman calls em "Touchdown Scorers" , in here. We can go OL or CB in the 2nd, preferably OL.
Just looking at Atlanta, Roddy Julio and Gonzo make it so easy for Ryan. Gotta get Cam some toys in here. The WR's we have, aside from Smith and Lafell, are scrubs. Smith is on the decline, and Lafell is no more than a #2 who still disappears at times. I think this is the year we finally get serious about finding a #1 WR. Atleast, I hope so.

#111 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

It seems like everyone that didn't think we needed a WR last year still doesn't this year. I stiil remember the Lafell is going to be a beast argument, the Cam is soo good he will make average receivers better argument...well here we are a year later and same questions. I'm not saying we definitely need someone in round 1(IF th players are there I would like an olineman and a WR in first 2rds) but we need to stop acting like guys we added in the 5th or 6th rd are the answer. If we grab a beast WR this year and then someone on the roster blows up too, that is a good thing not a wasted pick. Rivera has shown he can put a defense together with duct tape and toothpicks...protecting and developing Cam(legit receivers) should be the highest priority on this team. Rivera is a defensive wizard, that's his strongpoint. Lets face it on offense we are going to have to out talent/execute other teams.

this. we were ranked 10th i believe in defense with this hole we have a DT and terrible FS play. This offseason should be ALL ABOUT CAM.

#112 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

you have to put weapons around your QB.

#113 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,723 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

I do think receiver is a need and I wouldn't be unhappy if we go that way. I could be okay with OT as well. But the biggest need next year will be a big physical corner to replace Gamble. With all the big physical receivers in the league and in our division, we need guys who can defend them 1 on 1. We can generate the pressure up from and have good linebackers. The secondary was patched together last year, now we need guys who can be there for the next 10 years like Gamble who will be leaving.

#114 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,723 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

As for receiver lets see what Proehl can do with Adams, Gettis, LaFell, Murphy and Pilares. We might have the future number 1 already on the team.

#115 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

First of all, for the thousandth time we do not have a third round pick.

And second of all, you should try looking up some players besides big name overrated SEC players.

you think barrett Jones is overrated?

#116 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

you think barrett Jones is overrated?

Maybe, he doesn't, but I do. Jones would be a mediocre tackle in the NFL. He could be an OK guard, but he has a lot of help at Alabama. He does get pushed around. Watch some Alabama games and you won't be that impressed. He's supersmart, but he isn't that strong or athletic.

As for receiver lets see what Proehl can do with Adams, Gettis, LaFell, Murphy and Pilares. We might have the future number 1 already on the team.

Only Gettis could be a number 1 of those names. And that's a very big if. Lafell doesn't have the speed for nr 1 WR, but he's a good nr 2 wr. He could be Panther's Boldin. Adams and Pilares are both role players and I don't think that they'll be effective receivers, especially in a Coryell offense. They have speed, but they don't have Smith's toughness or athletic ability or vertical. Murphy has bad hands.

#117 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I got 20 says Patterson won't be a top 20 pick.

#118 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,723 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I don't remember anyone saying Smith was a number 1 receiver after his first year. Proehl helped him into the role. Now Proehl can help someone else. If we want a Smith clone, Adams looks the part. Speed is a part of the equation but not the main issue. None of those guys will be Megatron but who is really. There should be some great picks at WR throughout the draft.

#119 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

But Adams wasn't the number 1 in Arkansas, I think that Smith was in college. I think that WR coaching could improve, but I don't see Adams as nr 1 or 2 receiver. More like a number 3 like he was in Arkansas. I don't think that you really need a nr 1 receiver if you have a few good nr 2 receivers and 2 good TE's. I think that without forcing everything to Smith like they did in the beginning of the year, the offense works better. But in the draft, you have a receiver like Cobi Hamilton that could a nr 1 receiver, and the good thing is that he'll be available in the second round.

#120 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Keenan Allen will be a legit#1 in the NFL. CP will be Randy Moss or Freddie Mitchell, boom or bust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com