Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a question for the huddlers.

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly, I would have been happy with either. Draft Cam or trade down for a quality QB and WR?...shiiit I just wanted to get away from the Clausen era!

But Cam is our QB now and I fully support him. I have no regrets.

Posted

No need to attack Kaepernick, nobody is bashing Cam in here....

I'm not attacking him. I said he was overated. It's true. He gets way more credit than he deserves.

Posted

the difference is in having a HC and staff that knows what to do with the guys on his team and how to manage games.

Posted

Love Cam, but AJ and Kaepernick would be ridiculous.

Posted

I'm not attacking him. I said he was overated. It's true. He gets way more credit than he deserves.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here. Kaepernick has definitely exceeded expectations so far. Far from overrated....

Posted

Kaepernick is so overated it makes me sick. The 49ers were just as good with Alex Smith at QB

lol no they weren't.

Posted

You have to admit Kaep was hitting some wide open guys today.

Posted

lol no they weren't.

I didn't even know what to say to that...

Posted

You have to admit Kaep was hitting some wide open guys today.

And on some plays he threaded the needle, and on others he put great touch on the ball to put it where the WR could catch it in stride. It's o.k. to give another QB credit man....

Posted

oh...and by the way, in the OP is rivera still our coach?

you could have had both cam and aj green in here and we'd still be looking for a winning season.

cam with harbaugh and they'd be looking at their second trip to the superbowl in a row.

Posted

lol no they weren't.

Care to ellaborate on how they are not just as good??? They were a Kyle Williams muffed punt away from the Super Bowl last year with Alex smith as the starter.

Posted

Kaepernick is so overated it makes me sick. The 49ers were just as good with Alex Smith at QB

How is he overated? Although I was impressed with Cam's season at Auburn, Kaep posted numbers like that like 3x at Nevada.

Kaepernick Awards:

• NFC Champion (2013)
  • NFC Offensive Player of the Week (2012)
  • WAC champion (2010)
  • WAC All-Conference QB 2nd Team (2009)
  • Humanitarian Bowl MVP (2008)
  • 2× WAC Offensive Player of the Year (2008, 2010)
  • 2× WAC All Conference QB 1st Team (2008, 2010)
  • 8× WAC Offensive Player of the Week (1 in 2007, 3 in 2008, 2 in 2009, 2 in 2010)
  • WAC Freshman of the Year (2007)
  • Fireman's Award (2007)

Year Team Attempts Completions Completion % Yards TDs INT 2006 Nevada Redshirt 2007 Nevada 247 133 53.8% 2,175 19 3 2008 Nevada 383 208 54.3% 2,849 22 7 2009 Nevada 282 166 58.9% 2,052 20 6 2010 Nevada 359 233 64.9% 3,022 21 8 College Totals 1,271 740 58.2% 10,098 82 24