#46 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Have you ever seen WAC football??? It's embarressing...BTW Cam played 1 year at Auburn whereas Kaep played 3-4 years at Nevada against bottom FCS competition. He should have posted 3x the numbers Cam did. This isn't a Kaep isn't as good as Cam conversation. Im just saying he's overated. Put him in as our starting QB and we might win 4 games. Kaep has a lot of support. All he has to do is play his role, just like Alex Smith did and the 49ers will win games. The team is just too good.

I think at first Kaep was playing only a role. But not anymore. The offense is based off him now just like how it is here with Cam.

Cam and Kaep are almost identical twins. Kaep only much quicker.

#47 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

I think at first Kaep was playing only a role. But not anymore. The offense is based off him now just like how it is here with Cam.

Cam and Kaep are almost identical twins. Kaep only much quicker.

Speed is debatable. Cam is 20lbs larger

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

The ONLY way I wouldn't take Cam is if we decide to go JJ Watt (JJ Watt >>>>>>) and then Kaep later on. Even then, I'd say go Cam. Kaepernick is not nearly as good as he is or can be (his long release is going to hurt him IMO - I like him but it is the same thing that hurt Byron Leftwhich, who really is not that bad outside of that and he isn't the runner Cam is).

Watt? Wow!

Even though Watt would've help our defense a lot, our Offense would've been so bad with just Kaep. Without Green + 89, Kaep wouldnt be able to develop as well.

And Watt wouldn't have been statistically as great as now. He's a 34 lineman, not 43.

#49 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Have you ever seen WAC football??? It's embarressing...BTW Cam played 1 year at Auburn whereas Kaep played 3-4 years at Nevada against bottom FCS competition. He should have posted 3x the numbers Cam did. This isn't a Kaep isn't as good as Cam conversation. Im just saying he's overated. Put him in as our starting QB and we might win 4 games. Kaep has a lot of support. All he has to do is play his role, just like Alex Smith did and the 49ers will win games. The team is just too good.

Dude, believe me I am a big Cam fan, I live here in Alabama and got to witness through the magic of Television all of his greatness. But what Cam did for 1 year, Kaepernick did for 3.5 years. Why didn't he get a big time scholarship offer for football, Because he was a 175 lb senior in high school.

Kid got offers for Baseball scholarships, was selected in the baseball draft.

Kaepernick is the only quarterback in the history of Division I FBS college football to have passed for over 10,000 yards and rushed for over 4,000 yards in a collegiate career. Kaepernick is also the only Division 1 FBS QB to have passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 1,000 yards in a single season three times in a career (consecutively).

I'm not saying he is/was better than Cam, just saying if you watched the kid in college, you could tell just like Cam he was destined for greatness.

#50 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Watt? Wow!

Even though Watt would've help our defense a lot, our Offense would've been so bad with just Kaep. Without Green + 89, Kaep wouldnt be able to develop as well.

And Watt wouldn't have been statistically as great as now. He's a 34 lineman, not 43.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking Cam but like I said, in a scenario we're not talking Cam, I would only want Watt. WR's aren't that important IMO.

And JJ Watt could definitely play in a 43 defense without a doubt in my mind. Dude's amazing. Does he benefit from the freedom he gets by Wade Phillips? Yeah, but he controls the LOS like nobody else. One of the best defensive seasons I've ever seen.

#51 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Speed is debatable. Cam is 20lbs larger

Kaep is a much faster player on the field

#52 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Kaep is a much faster player on the field

Not sure how this is debatable. Just watch the game against the Packers last week....

#53 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Not sure how this is debatable. Just watch the game against the Packers last week....

Amazing how fast wide open holes can make you appear

#54 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Dude, believe me I am a big Cam fan, I live here in Alabama and got to witness through the magic of Television all of his greatness. But what Cam did for 1 year, Kaepernick did for 3.5 years. Why didn't he get a big time scholarship offer for football, Because he was a 175 lb senior in high school.

Kid got offers for Baseball scholarships, was selected in the baseball draft.

Kaepernick is the only quarterback in the history of Division I FBS college football to have passed for over 10,000 yards and rushed for over 4,000 yards in a collegiate career. Kaepernick is also the only Division 1 FBS QB to have passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for over 1,000 yards in a single season three times in a career (consecutively).

I'm not saying he is/was better than Cam, just saying if you watched the kid in college, you could tell just like Cam he was destined for greatness.

Agree.

All college/university programs and 32 NFL teams dies for a 6'5 240lb QB.

Nevada was the only school to give Kaep a scholarship. That doesnt speak that hes not a great as Cam

#55 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Amazing how fast wide open holes can make you appear

We get it, you support Cam. We all do. That doesn't mean I'm going to disregard simple facts like Kaepernick is faster than Cam. I think Cam is the better QB at this point, but Kaepernick is special as well....

#56 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking Cam but like I said, in a scenario we're not talking Cam, I would only want Watt. WR's aren't that important IMO.

And JJ Watt could definitely play in a 43 defense without a doubt in my mind. Dude's amazing. Does he benefit from the freedom he gets by Wade Phillips? Yeah, but he controls the LOS like nobody else. One of the best defensive seasons I've ever seen.

In 2011, the debate was between Green or Cam.

Now in 2013, we still need a receiver.

#57 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

We get it, you support Cam. We all do. That doesn't mean I'm going to disregard simple facts like Kaepernick is faster than Cam. I think Cam is the better QB at this point, but Kaepernick is special as well....

Agree. I think ace boogie just love Cam 10x more than us even though we love him damn much.

Face it, Cam isn't as fast as Kaep. Trust me

#58 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Never said he wasn't faster. I said its debatable they have a nearly identical 40 time. If they raced ten times Cam might win 4 out of the ten one day and 6 out of ten the next day. It's not that big if a gap like a rg3 or Vick.

#59 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Never said he wasn't faster. I said its debatable they have a nearly identical 40 time. If they raced ten times Cam might win 4 out of the ten one day and 6 out of ten the next day. It's not that big if a gap like a rg3 or Vick.

Kaepernick makes quicker cuts, and gets from zero to 100 faster than Cam. It's pretty obvious watching the games....

#60 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yea the combine time is based off running in a straight line. It's all about having the right technique.

Kaep is a faster player on the field than Cam period. Doesn't matter what the 40 times tell you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com