54 replies to this topic

#1 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

1. Jesse Williams – DT , Would love to have an OT here but Fisher is off the board and everyone else is a reach. Hopefully we find some long term help on the interior DL

2. Oday Aboushi – OT, I think he will be here in the 2nd. If not we go Dallas Thomas. My biggest hope is that we can address both lines in the first two rounds.

4. Shawn Williams –SS, Addresses safety needs. Did not get a lot of publicity at UGA because of Bacari Rambo but there have been comparisons to TD. Not a ball hawk but a hard hitter.

5. Devin Taylor – DE Gettleman gets his pass rush fix here. Project with huge upside

6. Braden Hansen – OG Line depth

6(Comp) Connor Vernon – WR – Smart with good hands.

6 (Comp) Theo Riddick – RB Change of pace back and could go into the rotation if we lose one of our horses.

#2 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

jesse williams with the first pick is a reach

#3 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

The thing about Devin Taylor is that he doesn't use his length to his advantage. Maybe that is something that can be coached.

#4 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

The thing about Devin Taylor is that he doesn't use his length to his advantage. Maybe that is something that can be coached.

I think that's why he falls to the 5th. So far he has relied on natural ability but his game could go to another level if he learns to use his size. I am not completely sold on him but I think he is an intriguing prospect here.

#5 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I don't think so... He's the second best DT off the board and he's a space eater which is perfect for CJ/Hardy/Kuechly

#6 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Not a reach at all.

#2 DT, #1 NT.

#7 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

like the vernon pick

#8 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Not a reach at all.

#2 DT, #1 NT.

idk. i think id rather jump on the eric fisher wagon with you first. i know he strong as a bull but i feel you should be able to collapse the pocket and hold the point with the 14 pick

#9 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Not a reach at all.

#2 DT, #1 NT.

Really? You like him over Richardson? They're both freakishly good athletes, but when you knock Hankins for being a two-down player, I'm surprised that you're so high on Jesse.

#10 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Really? You like him over Richardson? They're both freakishly good athletes, but when you knock Hankins for being a two-down player, I'm surprised that you're so high on Jesse.

my thoughts exactly. a everydown player is needed at 14

#11 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

If Richardson wasn't a LB playing DT maybe. He is not a solid run defender, a great athlete yes, but that's not what I look for in the DT position.

#12 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Richardson is a UT which we don't need... Jesse Williams fits what we need

#13 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

you got boys shawn and oday...good job...taylor is also decent...just missing a no 1 wr.

#14 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

idk. i think id rather jump on the eric fisher wagon with you first. i know he strong as a bull but i feel you should be able to collapse the pocket and hold the point with the 14 pick

Unless something dramatic happens I believe Fisher will be gone by 14. If I thought it was realistic I would have gladly penciled him in here. I want an OT in the first but just don't think the value will be there when we pick. When Matthews and Lewan opted to stay in school it really thinned the top of the OT field

#15 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I like the first two picks, not sold on the two after those. I'd rather take Rambo over Williams. Williams certainly has potential to be a quality starter, but so does Rambo, and whereas Rambo's play improved as the season went on, Williams' dipped. Depending on who's available I certainly wouldn't hate the pick, but at the same time I'd probably prefer other options.

Devin Taylor is similar to Williams, not someone I hate, but not someone I particularly like. I'm an SC fan, but he was really nothing more than a solid player for us. He's got the big frame you look for and the athletic potential so that late in the draft it wouldn't be bad, but he definitely needs to improve his technique and effort on the field if he wants to make it in the pros.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.