• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Not everyone, but the next time you hear a commercial for one of the new chemical imbalance meds, listen to the guy rambling in the background about all of the side effects. They say that is causes suicidal tendencies. (in already imbalanced people). Along with about 50 other side effects.

Side effects aren't necessarily caused by the drug. They are required to list every "symptom" people report while taking the drug. Since anti-depressants probably don't work at least in the majority of cases people will still feel suicidal, anxious, and even depressed still!

#32 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,688 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

A HUGE part of the problem is the mental state of our country. People are soft, and coddled from an early age and, if they ever have any kind of behavioral or socialization problem, they are slapped on some sort of chemical instead of trying to identify the root cause.

Hell, most of the root cause of true genetic chemical imbalances can also probably be linked to the preservatives and other chemicals we are constantly exposed to on a daily basis.

But no. Let's fug up the environment. Let's slap your kids on "behavioral modification" drugs. Let's let the TV, pop culture, and video games be our baby sitters. Consume, consume, consume.

Then, when something bad happens, let's look for a scapegoat other than our own sh!tty human existence and blame things that we can tax, regulate, control, and make even more money for our empire on.

Fϋck responsibility for anything. Let's disregard the obvious bigger problem to serve our personal agendas.

I would like to think your views might indicate a general shift in attitudes by many Americans towards the inherent problems with government supported "Big Pharma" and the doctors that needlessly push over priced pharmaceuticals on our families. I would also like to think the NRA might now oppose government supported Industrialized Farming practices that have led to antidepressants being administered to chickens and 80% of all antibiotics used in this country being indiscriminately fed to livestock. Practices that are creating health issues for all Americans. However, I pessimistically suspect none of this will happen. Instead, the NRA will continue to do what it has done for years, call for less regulation, not more, and lobby lawmakers to put profits first, at the expense of Americans' health and well being. Just like the lobbying efforts by Big Pharma and Industrialized Farming do.

#33 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,145 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I know this is crazy, but maybe if you have a psycho 15 yr old son you should make sure he can't get to your guns?

Nah fug that, lets ban some poo, that will make it all better and all problems will go away.

So your solution is "people shouldn't do it."

That's great but do you have any actual idea on how to go about making that happen?

#34 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

I don't want to speak for Kurb, but in this case and in Sandy Hook, the irresponsible person was held accountable by their own guns. They died.

Sure there are ways to secure guns more. But are authorities going to go door to door, ensuring firearms are locked up? Personally, I'd rather they be out there taking guns out of the hands of career criminals. I'd rather they be out there taking said criminals off the streets permanently.

Yes, I know there are lots of reasons people turn into criminals. Poverty being chief amongst them. Yes I know our societal hierarchy wants to keep these people in poverty. No, I don't really blame some of them for taking on a life of crime. I blame the system itself. But at the same time, any proposals I have heard from gun control advocates will do nothing more than put even more red tape on an already broken justice system. I still maintain that it is a pipe dream to think that we can ever reign in, or even contain, the monster that is guns.

Throwing legislation at it is actually going to make it worse, in my opinion. It is basically like trying to throw legislation on the corporate machine. Loopholes will be found. Deals will be done in the dark. Crime rates will increase. The top of the pyramid will get richer, while the slaves at the bottom will tote heavier and heavier rocks.

#35 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Lol. That was funny, but I stand by my opinion.

I think required military service would nip inner city gangs in the bud.

Or better train them...

You'd actually be surprised how many gangs encourage their members to serve in the military, and just how much of an issue the military has with gangs...

#36 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

So your solution is "people shouldn't do it."

That's great but do you have any actual idea on how to go about making that happen?

No my solution is personal accountability. There is no way someone other than me could get to my firearms.

There is no easy solution. But I can tell ya that that particular even was going down with an AR in the house or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.