148 replies to this topic

#16 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Who says Tyus Jones is any better??? When you put more stock into rankings then using your eyes, you lose all credibility. No one knew that Kyrie would be the best player in his class, no one knew Hansbrough would be the best player in his class.

I see a very good point guard in Berry and I'll leave it at that.

Also let's say you miss out on Jones, then you guys are truly screwed. At least we got out guy and don't have to worry about it anymore.

Jones is special, Mundiay is special, Harrison is special, Irving was special and I just don't see that in Berry. Now like you said he is a good PG but I don't feel like he will play over Paige and maybe not over Britt.

If we miss out on Jones we still have time plus we still have Cook. That is why I don't understand why unc didn't go all in for Jones since the PG spot at unc is in decent shape. It seems like Roy has been settling lately and not trying for the top talent and kind of just takes the easy road.

#17 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Also as far as Wiggins goes, Carolina makes the most sense.

Kentucky will land Randle leaving them no need for Wiggins.

A career at FSU won't get him a NCAA Championship

UNC gives Wiggins the opportunity to lead the Heels and possibly win a championship.

I would agree except I think unc has too many players at the 3/4 spot already. You got Johnson, Hubert, Simmons, Tokoto, Bullock, and McAdoo not to mention Hicks coming in. There comes a time when settling for mediocre talent can work against you, It happened to us at Duke with Josh Hairston. He is a mediocre guy and since we brought him in in 2010 we had to miss out on Quincy Miller the next year. The thing with Wiggins is he wants to play and go to the NBA if a ship happens along the way great but I don't know if that is his #1 priority.

#18 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

No if we had signed him I would have been pissed because I want Tyus Jones and unc has sealed their fate and are out of the Jones sweepstakes. You should do some more research on recruits and not just get excited with the first recruit your team signs.

Plus we are all still waiting on you to prove you are not an idiot with your Ryan Kelly injury source. :ass:

I've done plenty of research and its obvious you have not.

Coach Williams wanted Berry all along. And we got him!

Ill take Roy's opinion over some loser on a message board everyday of the week.

Remember when u said to "worry about your own team" Lol! Man your Carolina envy is visceral. Once again, more concerned about what Carolina is doing than "your" team. Some "fan" you are. I use the word fan lightly because when FB season rolls around, you can't get far enough away from a duke jersey.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Jones is special, Mundiay is special, Harrison is special, Irving was special and I just don't see that in Berry. Now like you said he is a good PG but I don't feel like he will play over Paige and maybe not over Britt.

If we miss out on Jones we still have time plus we still have Cook. That is why I don't understand why unc didn't go all in for Jones since the PG spot at unc is in decent shape. It seems like Roy has been settling lately and not trying for the top talent and kind of just takes the easy road.

If we would have just signed Jones instead of Berry this same duke "fan" would have been saying the exact opposite.

Duke "fan": oh Man U guys are dumb and suck why did you sign jones instead if berry!

#dukelogic

#20 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Remember when u said to "worry about your own team" Lol! Man your Carolina envy is visceral. Once again, more concerned about what Carolina is doing than "your" team. Some "fan" you are. I use the word fan lightly because when FB season rolls around, you can't get far enough away from a duke jersey.

Why don't you do some research on the duke carolina football game this season?

Ill just go ahead and tell you. Heels got that ass beat!!!

#Thisainttwitteryoudipshit

#21 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Congrats on beating Carolina for the first time in a decade.

It was also a privilege to be apart of the biggest game in Dukes history.

#22 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Haha, you do research? Come on son? If you would do a little more research you would see that roy wanted Jones more then Berry. Would you rather have Wiggins or Tokoto?

Carolina envy? Because I question roy's recruiting? Actually maybe you are right, as a Duke fan I love the way roy is recruiting. Keep up the good work roy.

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

If we would have just signed Jones instead of Berry this same duke "fan" would have been saying the exact opposite.

Duke "fan": oh Man U guys are dumb and suck why did you sign jones instead if berry!

#dukelogic

You are 100% wrong, that would have been a huge win for roy and unc if they would have gotten Jones because it's likely that wherever Jones goes Okafor will also go. No matter how you slice it the #1 player is a better get then the #12 player.

#24 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

This just shows how ignorant your post are, all of my post have information to back them up and you have yet to have a post with any info. You basically just ramble on with no actual information, you have yet to add anything to this thread except being a "rah rah" guy for whatever your team does.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

You clowns are so obsessed with Carolina. Never posts or commentary on "your" team. You guys just love talking about the TarHeels. Carolina this. Carolina that.

What's that? Carolina only signed the 12th best player in an entire recruiting class?? Oh man they suck! better get on the internet.

You're obsession with the prestige, tradition, and championships are obvious.

It's flattering honestly.

Say it with me dookies. We know you want to: HOW SWEET IT IS

#26 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I've never gotten into the recruiting thing, I just wait until they get to college to judge them. I'm glad the heels are bringing in another PG, they are often hit or miss (weren't Marshall and Larry Drew both 4* guys?).

To the guy who mentioned Tokoto earlier- he might be my favorite freshman this year, he has a good feel for the game but doesnt get much playing time because we are deep at the wing and he cant really shoot. I see him playing in the NBA eventually though

#27 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I've never gotten into the recruiting thing, I just wait until they get to college to judge them. I'm glad the heels are bringing in another PG, they are often hit or miss (weren't Marshall and Larry Drew both 4* guys?).

To the guy who mentioned Tokoto earlier- he might be my favorite freshman this year, he has a good feel for the game but doesnt get much playing time because we are deep at the wing and he cant really shoot. I see him playing in the NBA eventually though

Tokoto has a ton of potential. He has all the athleticism in the world... just needs to develop his basketball skills a bit more. Johnson is my favorite freshman this year and he's looked like our best player when he gets PT. I mean, 8 ppg (59%), 4 rpb, 1 bpg in just 13 mpg.... if only he wasn't under 200 lbs and could play C next to McAdoo.

#28 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Johnson absolutely is my fav freshman this yr

#29 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Congrats on beating Carolina for the first time in a decade.

It was also a privilege to be apart of the biggest game in Dukes history.

You travel to unc's bowl game?

#30 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Proof you don't watch sports. UNC didn't play in a bowl game this year, moron.

I did, however, have a couple free tickets to the Duke game in Charlotte. Didn't go and proudly let them go to waste. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com