148 replies to this topic

#31 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Good pick up by the Heels, could see him move up and not down in the overall rankings. He runs the floor well and has a intensity on the defensive end.

Those talking about Hicks moving down, he's still ranked 18th overall in Country and the only reason him and Britt dropped is they didn't play a ton of AAU games over the summer last year. Most of the Rankings haven't updated or anything in over 3 months.

Both play a system that's favored in Carolina and are exceptionally good at running the floor. I have no worries about either one of them, Hicks will definitely be a starter on the team and Britt has a chance to push Paige and will get some good playing time.

#32 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Proof you don't watch sports. UNC didn't play in a bowl game this year, moron.

I did, however, have a couple free tickets to the Duke game in Charlotte. Didn't go and proudly let them go to waste. :)

Im well aware. They didn't go because they are on probation. Because they are cheaters.

#33 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

You clowns are so obsessed with Carolina. Never posts or commentary on "your" team. You guys just love talking about the TarHeels. Carolina this. Carolina that.

What's that? Carolina only signed the 12th best player in an entire recruiting class?? Oh man they suck! better get on the internet.

You're obsession with the prestige, tradition, and championships are obvious.

It's flattering honestly.

Say it with me dookies. We know you want to: HOW SWEET IT IS

Duke is a one loss number one ranked team in the country. They just landed jabari parker and will dominate again next year. There is no big Duke debate because there is no arguing how good they are, plus none of you holes fans would dare show yourselves in a thread called Duke ranked number one again. So what fun would that be? Sorry we don't feel the need to self promote.

#34 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

With the PG position potentially 3 deep (counting White), I can't imagine Jones (or any of the one and done'ers) would seriously consider UNC... I'm personally ok with that, as I'm not a big fan of one and done recruits anyway... I'm much more a fan of recruiting to suit your system (both Duke and UNC do this) as opposed to recruiting a highly talented player who would likely jump at the end of the year... Sure it's ok to get one now and then, but I don't like basing programs off of it, like UK does...

As for the rankings, you have to take them with a grain of salt... They're ok as a reference, but at best they're just an educated guess... No more reliable than the NFL draft rankings... The right player, in the right system, will shine... Regardless of rank...

#35 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Roy will NOT make the same mistake he did last year. Three PGs in three straight classes lol

#36 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,932 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Tokoto has a ton of potential. He has all the athleticism in the world... just needs to develop his basketball skills a bit more. Johnson is my favorite freshman this year and he's looked like our best player when he gets PT. I mean, 8 ppg (59%), 4 rpb, 1 bpg in just 13 mpg.... if only he wasn't under 200 lbs and could play C next to McAdoo.

I absolutely agree. Hope he bulks up some during the offseason.

#37 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Duke is a one loss number one ranked team in the country. They just landed jabari parker and will dominate again next year. There is no big Duke debate because there is no arguing how good they are, plus none of you holes fans would dare show yourselves in a thread called Duke ranked number one again. So what fun would that be? Sorry we don't feel the need to self promote.

WAS the #1 team in the country. Boom!

#38 toldozer

toldozer

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Yes they lost. You are correct. When you shoot poorly you lose. They would have lost to uncc last night.

#39 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Duke looked ROFL last night. That was absolutely pathetic.

#40 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

2014 will be insane, we could potentially have Paige, Britt, Berry, and White all on the roster.

Paige and Britt will probably still be here. I could see White transferring being stuck that far back on the depth chart. If we have all 4, then Berry may red shirt with White probably just coming in at the end of the game in blow outs with all the other little white guys.

#41 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Great get for UNC. Roy said he would never get in the position of not having a pg again. They'll all get plenty of minutes. Now to try and get Wiggins.

#42 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Good pick up by the Heels, could see him move up and not down in the overall rankings. He runs the floor well and has a intensity on the defensive end.

Those talking about Hicks moving down, he's still ranked 18th overall in Country and the only reason him and Britt dropped is they didn't play a ton of AAU games over the summer last year. Most of the Rankings haven't updated or anything in over 3 months.

Both play a system that's favored in Carolina and are exceptionally good at running the floor. I have no worries about either one of them, Hicks will definitely be a starter on the team and Britt has a chance to push Paige and will get some good playing time.

New rankings are out and Hicks dropped to #20, Meeks dropped to #50, and Britt has dropped out of the top 100. FWIW.

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Britt dropped because of his knee, he hasn't played at all. Also a lot of the rankings are still based on AAU play from earlier. Hick's has been playing fine for having a new team. Not sure about Meeks falling, kinda expected though.

Knew Britt was dropping, figured Hicks would as well. Britt for Injury and Hicks for having a new team. "Chemistry"

#44 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Britt dropped because of his knee, he hasn't played at all. Also a lot of the rankings are still based on AAU play from earlier. Hick's has been playing fine for having a new team. Not sure about Meeks falling, kinda expected though.

Knew Britt was dropping, figured Hicks would as well. Britt for Injury and Hicks for having a new team. "Chemistry"

Quinn Cook injured his knee his senior year and he didn't drop that far so I am not sure you can blame it entirely on his injury. Plus Jabari has missed some games this year and has been injured and he has maintained his #2 ranking.

#45 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Quinn Cook injured his knee his senior year and he didn't drop that far so I am not sure you can blame it entirely on his injury. Plus Jabari has missed some games this year and has been injured and he has maintained his #2 ranking.

Jabari is a ridiculous prospect and if I remember correctly Cook played quite a bit of AAU games before his injury. I'm not saying they didn't deserve the drops, I'll reserve judgement for once there at Carolina for that. What I'm saying is that the prospect rankings are screwed up to begin with and too much stock is put into AAU play initially. You don't play in AAU over the summer and a prospect can expect to drop 20 spots easily, then you miss your senior season on top of that. I mean it's been over a year since someone's seen Britt play day in day out/ weekly. I was fully expecting him to drop out of the top 100 because of that.

I mean he was borderline 4 star after his Junior season anyways, add an injury to that. Bam! 3 star prospect and not in the top 100 anymore. I'm more worried about his knee then I am his prospect rankings, I fully expect him to be able to come in and play well in Roy's up tempo style of play. Same for Hicks, the up temp style fits his game really well. Really worried about how Meeks will fit in though, he's more a really big 3 with 5 man skills and size. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com