Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonluckydog

Report: Russell Wilson rep asked for new contract

38 posts in this topic

To be fair, Wilson will be criminally underpaid for the rest of his rookie deal.

Nature of the business man. Unless the FO of seattle feels like doing it, they don't have to do it.

Nature of the business man. Unless the FO of seattle feels like doing it, they don't have to do it.

I don't think they can do it even if they wanted to. That would give Wilson leverage if it was possible for them to change it i.e. retire a la Palmer.

with hype and success, wilson will supplement any loss of pay with genorous endorsement contracts.

he will get his money, you can guarantee that. we all love underdog stories and this guys story is no exception...cant help but root for him.

So I guess three years at NC State had nothing to do with it?

NCSU lost it's claim to fame with him by chasing him out of town.

Wilson was not drafted in the first and his contract can not be redone until his 4th year is up. That is the way the new system works for the rookies now. Wilson has proven to be a good QB. But he was drafted in a later round and started out as a back up in preseason. It's not like everyone knew he was going to be that good. But his pay day will come in a few years if he keeps playing the way he is. I like the new rookie scale system. It makes the rookies earn their money for change and not be given 50 million contract for what they did in college. If he is truly good. He will be good 3 years from now to earn that pay day. So he and his agent need to stop whining and go to work.

1 person likes this

Wilson had a good year this year. Let's see how he does his sophmore and junior years before they start talking contract extension.

Why do people go out if their way to be butt hurt about something not said about Cam? It's really weird.

My guess is Kapernick is also grossly underpaid at this point. No idea what he makes, but I will go on assumption here.

My guess is Kapernick is also grossly underpaid at this point. No idea what he makes, but I will go on assumption here.

Potentially the lowest paid Superbowl winning QB ever.

Cook has been an agent for a long time, He wouldn't make a rookie mistake like that.

He's also Cam's agent and he didn't ask for a new contract for him yet.