96 replies to this topic

#11 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I can't tell if the second part of your post is an attempt to backtrack giving Warmack sole credit for SEC experience, but Warford of Kentucky has it as well. It doesn't make sense to list it as an advantage for Warmack considering they both play in the SEC.

As for being the most coveted guard if Warmack weren't in the draft, that's not true. That'd still be Jonathan Cooper. That being said, I can see your point about the value of Warford in the second versus Warmack in the first. That being said, I don't really want to take Warford in the second. The entire point of taking Warmack wouldn't be that guard is our top need, but simply that it is a need and Warmack is a very rare caliber prospect. Warford is a good prospect, but not rare, so I'd rather take an offensive tackle(presuming there hasn't been a run on them) in the second than Warford.

I've watched a lot of tape on both Warford and Cooper, and I prefer Warford. There's still a lot left to the draft process though which could ultimately determine who the better prospect is.

#12 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Warford is a mauler type/power who has started at RG while Cooper is more of a zone blocking LG. he would be switching positions and playing a scheme that would not be ideal for him. i would much rather go WR/DT/ Fisher than OG/OT/ WR/DT in the 2nd.

#13 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Warford is fat and slow, but he is a great blocker. I dont know that Chance is a better pass blocker, it's close. If you can get Warford in 2 it is worth the wait, but he could go before that. Both excel in drive blocking and have a weakness for inside speed moves in pass pro.

#14 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I didn't say he played in the SEC. Warmack of Bama does.

But yeah, Warford has played most of the big names from the SEC and dominates.

Kentucky is an SEC school.

#15 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Duh?

#16 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Duh?

So is this a question? Idk because you seem to be having trouble reading today. Hangover? Flu? Spontaneous Retardation? I'm just trying to help the real Bwood get back, the one who understands words.

#17 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

So is this a question? Idk because you seem to be having trouble reading today. Hangover? Flu? Spontaneous Retardation? I'm just trying to help the real Bwood get back, the one who understands words.

What the fug are you talking about? I wrote this thread and is there anything wrong with it?

Panthro was saying that Kentucky wasn't in the SEC, someone else explained to him that they were obviously, and I said that didn't even say anything about Warford being in the SEC. I guess that could be confusing, but why you gotta derail the thread?

#18 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilkesboro
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

What the fug are you talking about? I wrote this thread and is there anything wrong with it?

Panthro was saying that Kentucky wasn't in the SEC, someone else explained to him that they were obviously, and I said that didn't even say anything about Warford being in the SEC. I guess that could be confusing, but why you gotta derail the thread?

This is all wrong, you said Warford wasnt SEC, Panthro questioned that because he knew Kentucky was SEC. Sorry for derailing this thread, I was only clarifying that Warford was SEC because you failed to acknowledge that. I didn't want to start a pissing match but when you are like "Duh?" when you are clearly lost I have no choice.

#19 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• LocationKinston, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

the problem is OG is much deeper with quality players than OT.

if we want an OT we will have to take him in the 1st imo.

Fluker and Johnson will not be around in the 2nd imo.

Go OT first then OG 2nd.

thats going to be a yound and inexpierenced oline with amini at LG for his 2nd year

Vet, 2nd year, Vet, Rookie, Rookie

#20 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

I'd love warford in the second, big mauling RG. Would allow us to draft a more premium position in the first round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users