62 replies to this topic

#11 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

You have yet to say why you dont like him.

Just his measurables? Dude has some good tape to and his still very raw. Not many newb raw LT own the best pass rusher in the draft.

Did you not read my comment to you saying why I dislike him? It's like 4 comments up lol...

#12 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Did you not read my comment to you saying why I dislike him? It's like 4 comments up lol...

Only thing I saw is you said he was "raw" and "new" to the position.

He is already a good OT imo and has the potential to be elite. So in a sense he is raw but not really.

You dont own the best pass rusher in the draft as some raw newb. Dude has got talent and alot of potential.

#13 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Only thing I saw is you said he was "raw" and "new" to the position.

He is already a good OT imo and has the potential to be elite. So in a sense he is raw but not really.

You dont own the best pass rusher in the draft as some raw newb. Dude has got talent and alot of potential.

That's the only thing you saw because those are his only knocks right now, and those are still negatives.

I would take him in the second but no way in hell with our top 15 pick.

If you're drafting an offensive linemen, you draft a guy who is proven and has played the position a while. You don't draft based on potential.

#14 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Just watched my 2nd vid on Johnson against Texas's DE. Did a good job on him as well.

#15 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

double post

#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

You don't draft based on potential.

Rounds 1 and 2 I agree.

#17 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

That's the only thing you saw because those are his only knocks right now, and those are still negatives.

I would take him in the second but no way in hell with our top 15 pick.

If you're drafting an offensive linemen, you draft a guy who is proven and has played the position a while. You don't draft based on potential.

I am not sure id call them knocks when they dont affect his play or show up on tape.

In Johnson's case it is a plus / positive that he is raw and new to the LT position as he did very well there and held his own against some of the top pas rushers in the NCAA last season.

Obviously you would want I guy that has produced at said position for awhile but you cant always get that. He produced when given the chance and that is all you can ask for.

#18 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

i wouldn't mind this (although i don't know much about lane johnson) and i don't think it would be a terrible thing to wait to get a big NT in the 4th because after Williams there isn't much in the NT class worth the value honestly. Overall its not bad and watching arkansas a lot i know that cobi hamilton could be a steal but i really like the bottom half of the draft just by the way.

#19 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Dislike? The first 5 picks could all EASILY start next year. Thats not even mentioning a great K. and 1st Team Big10 LB late.

Was my last before I learned about the comp picks.

Only the uniformed will dislike Johnson (like I was prior to making this). If you read up on him and watch some tape no way you wouldnt like him mid - late first.

He completely shut down Moore from A&M, arguably the best pass rusher in the draft. Physical, athletic, quick feet.

Take him all day

if you have us drafting Lane Johnson do you have us cutting Gross as a cap casualty.

#20 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

if you have us drafting Lane Johnson do you have us cutting Gross as a cap casualty.

Sure. him and gamble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users