#2 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

smokers and the obese chew up more benefits and frequently require more complicated, expensive care for the chronic diseases they often develop.

have i wrongly assumed that the supply sider types would be in favor of something like this:

That's the rationale for a provision in the Affordable Care Act - "Obamacare" to its detractors - that starting next year allows health insurers to charge smokers buying individual policies up to 50 percent higher premiums. A 60-year-old could wind up paying nearly $5,100 on top of premiums.

a provision that unshackles insurance providers and allows them to charge what they want in order to insure people who engage in elective behavior that costs them more?

#3 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

47% of Americans support this idea. Tough schitsky on the fat smokers.

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Should be interesting.

Racial charges already flying in NY because of soda ban. Just think of the things that will happen when fat people start getting big rate increases and they happen to be minority

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Should be interesting.

Racial charges already flying in NY because of soda ban. Just think of the things that will happen when fat people start getting big rate increases and they happen to be minority

Wait until liberals that laughed at the racist soda ban angle have that internal battle with themselves over this.

#6 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Also keep in mind that certain races are more prone to some diseases. Another point to be made is old people should pay more. When I was young I never went to the doctor. Now I must go regularly for an expensive procedure to check to see if the cancer has returned, of risk death. Insurance should be like life insurance and cost more the older yopu get. Som by the time you reach 55 or so middle class people can't afford it any longer. Let the old mofukers die.

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,839 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

If this were a rep policy oh the outrage and hand wringing. It oppresses poor people and it discriminates.
But since its another party its manna.

#8 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

smokers and the obese chew up more benefits and frequently require more complicated, expensive care for the chronic diseases they often develop.

have i wrongly assumed that the supply sider types would be in favor of something like this:

a provision that unshackles insurance providers and allows them to charge what they want in order to insure people who engage in elective behavior that costs them more?

From my understanding, smokers and the obese die earlier and actually save money. We all die of something... The costs for treating lung cancer for a few months pale in comparison to treating Alzheimer's for a decade. There have been a number of studies to that effect..
Though I'm sure there are those to the contrary as well.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,367 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Unhealthy people already pay higher life insurance premiums. Drivers with poor driving records (statistically to require insurance companies to pay out more) pay higher premiums.

Unhealthy (obese and smokers) should definitely pay more.

And, I am in the category of obese by gov't standards, so I would pay more.

If I want my premiums lower....all I would need to do is exercise and eat better. The fact that I would pay more is completely within my control.

#10 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Unhealthy people already pay higher life insurance premiums. Drivers with poor driving records (statistically to require insurance companies to pay out more) pay higher premiums.

Unhealthy (obese and smokers) should definitely pay more.

And, I am in the category of obese by gov't standards, so I would pay more.

If I want my premiums lower....all I would need to do is exercise and eat better. The fact that I would pay more is completely within my control.

Obesity is not always a choice. Just as smoking is not always a choice. Besides, the states sued and settled with tobacco companies on health care cost. What have they paid out to ailing smokers? When states settled with tobacco companies, they took on this responsibility. When I quit smoking, I paid all the cost. When I was diagnosed with cancer, from smoking, all the cost treatments were my responsibility.

#11 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Obesity is not always a choice. Just as smoking is not always a choice. Besides, the states sued and settled with tobacco companies on health care cost. What have they paid out to ailing smokers? When states settled with tobacco companies, they took on this responsibility. When I quit smoking, I paid all the cost. When I was diagnosed with cancer, from smoking, all the cost treatments were my responsibility.

When is smoking not a choice?

#12 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

When is smoking not a choice?

When do I believe you don't smoke? Or are simply fat?

#13 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

When do I believe you don't smoke? Or are simply fat?

What?

#14 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

What?

Nicotine&Cigs.

#15 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Im reaching far btw. Just fuging stop judging people guys. Regardless of what they might do that angers you. Stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.