21 replies to this topic

#1 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...st-wr-ever-play

Kind of agree. Don't know what the over the top hate in the comments is about.While Jerry Rice is clearly better statistically, I can't think of receiver I'd take over Moss in their primes.

#2 Manos

Manos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Talent wise Moss has a legitimate argument, the dude is a freak. In terms of work ethic, understanding the game and statistically Rice is better. The fact is if you were building a perfect team both those guys should be on the roster.

#3 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...st-wr-ever-play

Kind of agree. Don't know what the over the top hate in the comments is about.While Jerry Rice is clearly better statistically, I can't think of receiver I'd take over Moss in their primes.

Cause it's the ESPN followers. They drink that kool-aid so much they can't think outside of the box.

#4 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

rice is the best of alltime, then moss,owens,harrison and the rest of those guys.

but yeah he was the best of the new guys that came out.

my reaction after the superbowl

Posted Image

#5 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

At the end of his career, Calvin Johnson will top the list I think.

#6 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, being the greatest at any position has to take more than just physical talent. Moss in his prime was probably the best receiver the NFL has seen (at least in modern times, 70s onward). Yet all around, Rice is the GOAT.

#7 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

speaking of goat...where the hell is Saltman?

#8 pepaw

pepaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I don't think you can call yourself the GOAT when you took seasons off, let alone plays.

#9 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Randy Moss only ran a few routes, but honestly he only needed 1. In his prime Moss was faster than everyone else and won pretty much every jump ball, watching him time his jump and come down with the ball was unbelievable.

But yeah if we are saying best WR than you probably give it to Rice. They are almost complete opposites though, its kind of funny

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,284 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

If you have to tell people you're the greatest of all time, you probably aren't.

#11 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

He could have been but to me he isnt.

#12 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,823 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Jerry Rice, Don Hutson, and T.O are all better. You could make arguments for Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Tim Brown, Michael Irvin, Steve Largent, Art Monk, Chris Carter, Calvin Johnson, Lynn Swann, Andre Reed, James Lofton, and even our own Steve Smith.

Maybe that last list is pushing it, but I'd personally take any of those guys over him. Randy Moss is the Julius Peppers of wide receivers. Honestly could've been the best of all time with his talent and skillset, but just didn't try hard enough. If he had the heart and drive of a guy like Steve Smith or Jerry Rice, who aren't nearly as "athletic" or "talented" as Randy, he would probably be widely considered the greatest of all time, and his stats would be through the roof.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Strongly disagree, but he could have been. The GOAT doesnt have the seasons he had in Oakland and he is proof that QB's make wr's more than the other way around. I recall the playoff game against Philly when he was still with Minn, he couldnt have hustled any less that game.

#14 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

put Moss with HoF QB's his entire career and this isnt a discussion

Moss had 1 future HoF QB he played with in Brady and he broke some of the best season records for WR's.

Give Jerry rice all the QB's Moss had to deal with and his stats would have plummeted badly.

#15 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

put Moss with HoF QB's his entire career and this isnt a discussion

Moss had 1 future HoF QB he played with in Brady and he broke some of the best season records for WR's.

Give Jerry rice all the QB's Moss had to deal with and his stats would have plummeted badly.

Randall Cunningham is no scrub
Nor was Daunte Culpepper, he held a few NFL records before he got injured (completion % most notably)
Then Tom Brady.

Don't make excuses for him. Jerry Rice is the Goat. And it's not close. Moss didn't give his all all the time. That's why there is no discussion and Jerry Rice is the GOAT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com