Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moss claims he is the GOAT

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8893843/super-bowl-2013-randy-moss-says-greatest-wr-ever-play

Kind of agree. Don't know what the over the top hate in the comments is about.While Jerry Rice is clearly better statistically, I can't think of receiver I'd take over Moss in their primes.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Talent wise Moss has a legitimate argument, the dude is a freak. In terms of work ethic, understanding the game and statistically Rice is better. The fact is if you were building a perfect team both those guys should be on the roster.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

http://espn.go.com/n...st-wr-ever-play

Kind of agree. Don't know what the over the top hate in the comments is about.While Jerry Rice is clearly better statistically, I can't think of receiver I'd take over Moss in their primes.

Cause it's the ESPN followers. They drink that kool-aid so much they can't think outside of the box.

Posted · Report post

rice is the best of alltime, then moss,owens,harrison and the rest of those guys.

but yeah he was the best of the new guys that came out.

my reaction after the superbowl

20753.gif

Posted · Report post

At the end of his career, Calvin Johnson will top the list I think.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, being the greatest at any position has to take more than just physical talent. Moss in his prime was probably the best receiver the NFL has seen (at least in modern times, 70s onward). Yet all around, Rice is the GOAT.

Posted · Report post

speaking of goat...where the hell is Saltman?

Posted · Report post

I don't think you can call yourself the GOAT when you took seasons off, let alone plays.

Posted · Report post

Randy Moss only ran a few routes, but honestly he only needed 1. In his prime Moss was faster than everyone else and won pretty much every jump ball, watching him time his jump and come down with the ball was unbelievable.

But yeah if we are saying best WR than you probably give it to Rice. They are almost complete opposites though, its kind of funny

Posted · Report post

If you have to tell people you're the greatest of all time, you probably aren't.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He could have been but to me he isnt.

Posted · Report post

Jerry Rice, Don Hutson, and T.O are all better. You could make arguments for Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Tim Brown, Michael Irvin, Steve Largent, Art Monk, Chris Carter, Calvin Johnson, Lynn Swann, Andre Reed, James Lofton, and even our own Steve Smith.

Maybe that last list is pushing it, but I'd personally take any of those guys over him. Randy Moss is the Julius Peppers of wide receivers. Honestly could've been the best of all time with his talent and skillset, but just didn't try hard enough. If he had the heart and drive of a guy like Steve Smith or Jerry Rice, who aren't nearly as "athletic" or "talented" as Randy, he would probably be widely considered the greatest of all time, and his stats would be through the roof.