Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penguins claim Zach Boychuk

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm semi sad to see Boychuk go because after all he was a first round pick in 2008 (as it turns out, a wasted pick). However it upsets me to once again see the Penguins try and take our sloppy seconds. I mean seriously how many Canes have gone on to play in Pittsburgh. Craig Adams, Brandon Sutter, Zach Boychuk, and eventually Brian Doumoulin (I'm sure there are plenty more).

Hey Boychuk, do us a favor and play just as poo*y for them as you did for us.

Posted

Rooting for him. Nice guy. Will probably play with Malkin.

Posted

I'm indifferent to Boychuk. It would have been nice to get him back in Charlotte for the checkers but his game never translated to the Hurricanes. I mean this kid "wowed" everyone in practice enough to get to the top line with Staal and Semin. Then disappears. I've never seen anything like it.

Posted

Good news, once the Pens forward on IR comes off IR the Pens will be forced to waive one of their players. If it's Boychuk, the Canes will have the first opportunity to claim Zach and relegate him to Charlotte.

Hope you suck Zach so you can come back and lead your Charlotte Checkers.

Posted

Damn, I was rooting for him

Posted

He'll be back. He's really not a bad player, he just couldn't find a niche on the Canes roster. I think he can be successful, I just hope it's with us. I think he'll be average with the Malkin line, they'll waive him, he'll in Charlotte for the rest of the season, and then we trade him for some actual value (of just keep him in Charlotte, whichever is fine with me).

Posted

Watch him light it up tonight "If he's playing" with Pitt....

Posted

We just let the Checkers top scorer walk for free... Great fuging job Rutherford.

Posted

He's expected to Join Pittsburgh today and play tomorrow against the Devils.

Posted

I'll be sure and watch that game (I splurged and bought GameCenter).

Posted

It looks like Zach Boychuk is still Zach Boychuk. Boychuk had no goals, no assists and only one shot on goal in the Pens 5-1 victory over NJ.

Posted

I was stunned they let him go. 3 different teams were ready to jump on his acquisition. Just needs to find the right niche.