15 replies to this topic

#1 The Luv Sponge

The Luv Sponge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I got a autographed Steve Smith jersey today for my birthday. Just wondering how to make sure it is authentic. My girlfriend bought it and had it framed.

Just wondering what to look for. I'm on my cell right now and can't post a picture.

#2 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

http://www.itsalread...ith-steve-b.jpg

Does it look like this? I think the best you can do is cross reference with signatures online.

#3 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,543 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Did it come with a certificate of authenticity?

#4 The Luv Sponge

The Luv Sponge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yes it did

#5 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

It came with a certificate of authenticity, so you ask if it's authentic?

Did you ask if it was autographed?

#6 The Luv Sponge

The Luv Sponge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Nice one smartass. She has that and I haven't seen it. Just making sure she didn't get ripped off. And couldn't they make a fake certificate???

#7 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would agree with Jesse, that the best way is to cross reference and compare it. Famous people who always give autographs tend to keep them all similar, imo.

#8 The Luv Sponge

The Luv Sponge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Yea I checked it out signature is very similar if not the same as the pic he sent me. Thanks guys

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

From what I have seen, items that were signed by Smith and sold by one of his approved vendors has a holographic seal on it documenting it is authentic and a letter of authenticity with it endorsed by him. Items which he has signed at an event or during training camp for example won't have the holographic emblem but might include a certificate of authenticity. The problem with certificates of authenticity is that some of them are legitimate and designate an authentic product while others were simply created on a printer and mean nothing. Anyone can make up a letter of authenticity. It is really whether or not the body doing the authenticity is legitimate or not.

#10 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Why do you care? Do you plan on selling it? Just thank her and hang it up, its not like it will look any different with or without a certificate.

#11 The Luv Sponge

The Luv Sponge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I care because she paid a lot of money for it. Just making sure she didn't drop a a lot of cash on it for something I could of done myself.

Simple question. And it will look completely different to me with if it was fake.

#12 The Luv Sponge

The Luv Sponge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

From what I have seen, items that were signed by Smith and sold by one of his approved vendors has a holographic seal on it documenting it is authentic and a letter of authenticity with it endorsed by him. Items which he has signed at an event or during training camp for example won't have the holographic emblem but might include a certificate of authenticity. The problem with certificates of authenticity is that some of them are legitimate and designate an authentic product while others were simply created on a printer and mean nothing. Anyone can make up a letter of authenticity. It is really whether or not the body doing the authenticity is legitimate or not.

Thank you for the info everything matches up to being real.

#13 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Eh I just think you're being whiny if your first thought was "is this real" instead of "awesome, nice jersey"

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Thank you for the info everything matches up to being real.

Congrats. I have a number of things he signed. They don't have certificates of authenticity but I saw him sign them if front of me. I went on the Panthers cruise a few years back. When he was signing he was funny about people not taking his picture while he signed because he didn't want them to sell them and post the picture as proof he signed it. I won't ever sell them so it doesn't matter.

#15 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Not to be a smartass but who cares if its real or not? It's a gift from the lady....enjoy it for what it is!

I mean if I bought ny wife a Gucci purse and I found out she was reseaching it to make sure its real, I'd be pissed and my feelings would be hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com