#1 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I mentioned this in a thread.

I think Keek is more of a difference maker, plays EVERY down, high motor, better leader, etc....

Thoughts?

#2 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Two totally different positions. Kuechly is a great game manager and leader while Peppers was good at being disruptive. Both are a great at their own positions and while I do think Keek will have a better career, it's hard to say his rookie season was better than Pepper's prime.

#3 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,928 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Keek is Peyton Manning while Pep was a game breaking WR who slept on the field at times

#4 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,182 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

No need to compare apples to oranges, and you can't change one or the other to a lemon.

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I think is is hard to compare a linebacker to a defensive end. They are totally different positions which both impact a game in different ways. With that said, we need to see how Kuechly does over the next 7 years before we can have this conversation. Peppers was not only an impact player, but he did it for years. Kuechly has been outstanding but he needs to continue to play at a high level and be durable like Peppers has been. Only then can we truly compare these players. In the meantime I am going to root for Kuechly and hope he is more durable than Morgan and Beason have been.

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Why do people feel the need to always compare people? It's so pointless. Peppers was considered the best defensive player in the NFL for several years here. He was great. Kuechly will be great also. So yeah they are both great

#7 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,392 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Always looking to take shots at Peppers. Keek has to keep up this level of play consistently to be compared to a great like Peppers.

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Yeah I don't get this hate for Peppers from some people. Dude was an absolute beast for us. Love Luke, but like has already been stated he needs to show the same consistency for a few years before I'll say he was better than Peppers. Peppers, to this date, has been the best defensive player the Panthers have had.

I think Luke will be consistent though. He's a hard worker and what he lacks in physical tools he more than makes up for with his feel for the game.

#9 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Extremely ignorant topic...

#10 bab270

bab270

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

I thought this was sarcasm in the other thread....

#11 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

uhm Peppers in his Prime>>>>>>>> Keek's rookie season. and it's not even close, if you remember Peppers when he used to play every down (he actually used to) and when he was just destructive.

Peppers from a pure talent perspective is the best player we ever had on Defense, just for some reason after the Seattle NFCC game he just seemed like didn't care as much anymore and seemed to take plays off from there on out.

#12 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I thought this was sarcasm in the other thread....

x2. You can't really believe this can you? You must not have seen a single second of the 04 season, the dude was unreal.

#13 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,349 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I think is is hard to compare a linebacker to a defensive end. They are totally different positions which both impact a game in different ways. With that said, we need to see how Kuechly does over the next 7 years before we can have this conversation. Peppers was not only an impact player, but he did it for years. Kuechly has been outstanding but he needs to continue to play at a high level and be durable like Peppers has been. Only then can we truly compare these players. In the meantime I am going to root for Kuechly and hope he is more durable than Morgan and Beason have been.

To claifify, just looking at this one season, not all time

#14 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

To claifify, just looking at this one season, not all time

still dumb thread though

Peppers in his prime was like a football god walking amongst mortals, keek, just had a very good rookie year.

only way this is even a topic is if you never watched Peppers play in his prime

#15 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,623 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Julius Peppers is undeniably the most overrated player in this franchise's history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com