Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Semantics Olympics

346 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay. Thanks for stopping by.

What do you think happens?

Posted

This isn't a good way to make a determination about anything. For all we know the people walking by could see the camera crew the first time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Too many variables, different groups of people, more people, longer time frame?

Posted

I think the fact that you can call something a "black neighborhood" says a lot about your views on race, and the underlying fear that you live with every day.

Posted

What do you think happens?

idk it just sounded like you had an assumption about what would happen. What am I baiting you to do?

Posted

idk it just sounded like you had an assumption about what would happen. What am I baiting you to do?

I don't have an assumption, I know what would happen.

Posted

I think the fact that you can call something a "black neighborhood" says a lot about your views on race, and the underlying fear that you live with every day.

A "black neighborhood", where black people reside, "white neighborhood", where white people reside. The fact that you don't know the difference says a lot about your underlying lack of knowledge.

Posted

the things i learned about various races and people while working in the "rent to own" industry right out of high school are invaluable.

it flipped some stereotypes inside out and made others all the more obvious.

usually, those that comment the most about racial issues are the ones that don't have enough perspective or breadth of friendships with those from another race.

kinda like the guy who always talks about the war. those were the guys who peeled potatos. the guys who DON'T talk, now those are the guys who saw/did some stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted

A "black neighborhood", where black people reside, "white neighborhood", where white people reside. The fact that you don't know the difference says a lot about your underlying lack of knowledge.

Wow it must really blow your mind when you find yourself in a neighborhood with blacks and whites residing in it.

Posted

Come at me and then report your observations here on the message board.

What would me "coming at you" have to do with your irrational fear of black men?

Posted

Fwiw, I imagine most americans, black or white, wouldn't complain so much if they saw how much of the rest of the world lived.

Posted

Fwiw, I imagine most americans, black or white, wouldn't complain so much if they saw how much of the rest of the world lived.

Are you implying that because someone else has a worse situation than oneself that one should not strive to improve their own situation further?